OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Blackhawk knoxx recoil reducing model or not?????

Started by mossyoak79, February 22, 2013, 07:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossyoak79

The blackhawk knoxx stock with recoil reducing feature get such mixed reviews I plan on mating my 870 SM with a FFIII sight will I get bit with the knoxx recoil reducing stock or should I just stick with the NRS (Non REcoil System) version to avoid "face slap" that many speak of?

30_06

If I was set on the Knoxx stock I would get the recoil reducing version.
If you are worried about cheek slap you can adjust the length of pull for a better fit, or install their PowerPak to get your face a little more up and out.

chipper

2 years  ago my son was 11 and started turkey hunting but was scared to death of recoil  I bought the knoxx  recoil reduction stock and he loves it on his gun and said it doesn't  kick near as bad anymore.

paladin

I have the recoil reducing model. I have not noticed the cheek slap issue. I like mine.
"have gun-will travel"

mac295

I have the recoil reduction stock on my 870sm. I do like it but wish I would have gotten the power-pack with it. It's easier to spend it now than add later. My wife gives me the stink-eye every year cuz she knows I just can't leave it alone. Lol

wvnut3

Mossy517

I like mine as well, I have it on a mossy 835. It makes it very pleasant to shoot turkey and slug loads.
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

Nick_The_Tinkerer

To add to the question what sights do you use with a Knoxx Recoil reducing stock.... just trying to see other peoples setups

DirtNap647

cabelas has these on clearance for $80 buddy just got one for his 835

bowhunter2k9

Romans 8:38-39

lock1nout

the cheek slaps on the knoxx"s come from LOP being too short. A good 2 inches from the front of the stock to your nose is recomended

DirtNap647

870supermagnum

I have the Knoxx SpecOps camo recoil reducing stock, with Power Pac, on my 870 Supermagnum.  I have a Tasco Pro Point multi-reticle red dot sight on it and have never been hit by the sight.  I have been shooting Winchester Supreme Elite Extended Range 3.5", #6.  If I was ever going to be hit that shell should have done it.  The stock really helped tame the recoil.     :fud:

gdublongwilly

I have the exact same set up as you and love my recoil reducing stock, could not believe the difference it made in shooting the 3.5" shells.  I used to cry like a little baby girl after about 3 shots while patterning with 3.5's, now to me it feels almost like low brass shells.  I really was astounded at how much of the recoil was taken out of the gun with the stock.  I experienced the cheek slap on the first shot, but I think it was because I wasn't paying attention and did not know what to expect.  I have not experienced it since.  Knoxx recoil reducing stock highly recommended by this guy!  Hope this helps.   :funnyturkey: