OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Some recent orders

Started by SS Calls, May 27, 2016, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SS Calls

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 28, 2016, 10:57:14 PM
Crazy question but I must ask because I've never used a long box. Mainly because they won't fit my darned vest pocket. Anyway, is there a big difference in the sound of a long vs short box? I'm just curious because I'd like to get a long box someday but I've got to find a better way to stow it than the current pocket system I've got.

Not a crazy question at all. A long box has a unique sound. It has a really high start to the yelp allowing great kee kee's, and has a really raspy yawk on the tail end. They also have great volume for locating distant birds, but tone down pretty good too. They make good jake and gobbler yelps, along with gobbles.

wvmntnhick

Thanks Al. Much appreciated. Might have to get one in the future. Just gotta find some poor sap to tag along and carry it for me.

SS Calls

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 29, 2016, 08:58:38 AM
Thanks Al. Much appreciated. Might have to get one in the future. Just gotta find some poor sap to tag along and carry it for me.

Just put a shotgun sling on it and hang it around your neck.  :TooFunny:

wvmntnhick

Quote from: SS Calls on May 29, 2016, 10:16:30 AM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 29, 2016, 08:58:38 AM

Just put a shotgun sling on it and hang it around your neck.  :TooFunny:
Now there's an idea.

mgm1955