Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 with a 28” barrel decent turkey gun?

Started by Bobby5, December 23, 2019, 09:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby5

I bought my girlfriend a 835 turkey this year with the marble sights and love the gun and would like to have it for myself but have a regular 835 with 28" barrel. Could I make my 835 with a 28" barrel shoot as good as the turkey model? Which choke and loads work the best out of a 28" barrel. I'd like to have the turkey model but like the regular 835 as a gun to use for everything.

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

KentuckyLB

Make sure you by her a helmet and mouth piece when shooting that thing or shes gonna hate you. :TooFunny:

Old Timer

:happy0064:Put a good recoil pad on, mine shoots most anything well, fed #inch #4 does really well with stock turkey tube. But im experimenting with a Carlson tube with longbeard. i dont use the 3.5 inch because it will turn my glasses into contact lenses! Great firearm.

Greg Massey

Quote from: KentuckyLB on January 06, 2020, 07:51:35 AM
Make sure you by her a helmet and mouth piece when shooting that thing or shes gonna hate you. :TooFunny:
x2 ... way to much gun for woman ....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 09, 2020, 09:54:13 PM
Quote from: KentuckyLB on January 06, 2020, 07:51:35 AM
x2 ... way to much gun for woman ....
Depends on the woman, I know some that shoot 12's better than many guys.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

I'm gonna agree w the last post. First thing I thought f was how sensitive guys are nowadays. When I was younger not one man would ever admit to too much recoil. My daughters are tougher than most my friends sons. That's pretty bad. I'm big on not punishing beginners or anyone so make no mistake if it's too much don't shoot it.
That being said imo felt recoil is determined by lots. Things can be done to lessen it if it's bothersome. I use an 835 and to me it's just not that bad. Turkey loads are only shot a few times a year after initial sighting in. If the gun bothers you just shoot a few times to set gun so no marathon sessions beat you up. I still say it's one of the best guns in many situations.

fmf

Its a great turkey gun so long as you don't try to walk under anything with your gun slung.

Happy

Agreed, my wife shoots my 835 with no problems. 3.5" shells to boot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

trkehunr93

Get a limbsaver recoil pad and a beartooth comb raising kit, the kit is a neoprene sleeve with several foam inserts in different thicknesses.  If your not using a scope then just enough to soften any cheek slap and she should be fine.  I wouldn't go any higher than a 3" shell but she may be fine shooting 3.5" shells, who knows.  I wouldn't sell or trade mine for anything, best 300.00 I ever spent!