turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli sbe 3 POI high?

Started by pinebark, June 22, 2019, 02:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinebark

I am thinking of swapping to benelli since I went and held a sbe 3 with the steady grip and felt how light it was compared to the old battle ax 870 special purpose that I have been using for the last several years. However, I read some bad reviews on the sbe 3 shooting extremely high and contacting benelli only to get left "high and dry". I like the feel of the gun and want one but I dont want to buy a problem. Does anyone know if they got this issue worked out?

Rem Man

Good luck sir! I owned 3 sbeii and 2 m2,and every one I owned shot horrible poa poi. I called benelli several times and they said they are made to shoot high because waterfowl hunters put the bird above the barrel.

Ozarks Hillbilly

I think with the tight chokes and the ammo we use today you would be lucky if you have a gun that POA and POI line up completely. If you like the fit and feel I would buy it with the thought of putting a reflex sight on it and a done.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wchadw

I have one but I'm old and can't see and put my red dot on it and adjusted the poi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take the old 870 workhorse.

wchadw

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on June 22, 2019, 03:13:45 PM
I think with the tight chokes and the ammo we use today you would be lucky if you have a gun that POA and POI line up completely. If you like the fit and feel I would buy it with the thought of putting a reflex sight on it and a done.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I will say different chokes changed the poi on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zilla

Mine shoots Long Beards about 6 inches high and right. It shoots Apex TSS right on.

pinebark

Thanks for all of the input guys. I'm just at a crossroads in guns. I am a bead person and haven't made the transition to a red dot. I guess I'm just too simple and like putting the bead on the waddles. But I'm willing to try one. It just seems like something else to worry about keeping up with in the heat of battle. My luck it would go out right when I needed it.

snoodcrusher

https://www.truglo.com/images/TG944A_L.JPG
These will be a great benefit to any brand of tightly choked shotgun, no matter the manufacturer.  I've used them for years on dozens of different dedicated turkey shotguns.  I have 3 Benellis in my safe now that are wearing these sights.  Every Benelli I've ever seen has shot high.  Doesn't matter to me since I use adj fiber optic rifle sights on all my turkey shotguns anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

Quote from: pinebark on June 22, 2019, 07:21:11 PM
Thanks for all of the input guys. I'm just at a crossroads in guns. I am a bead person and haven't made the transition to a red dot. I guess I'm just too simple and like putting the bead on the waddles. But I'm willing to try one. It just seems like something else to worry about keeping up with in the heat of battle. My luck it would go out right when I needed it.

Man, for a turkey gun, go ahead and get what you want and red dot it. POA/POI issues just go away. I`m an optics convert for turkey hunting. The peace of mind is more than worth it, if nothing else.

mudhen

TSS could really make the under-bored Benelli a real turkey shooting sweetheart!!

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Gobbler428

I have a SBE2 with a Vortex Red Dot and it shoots dead nuts. Go ahead, you will love it!

cuppednlocked

The high POI issue can be fixed by heating the barrel ring and turning it down farther on the magazine tube.