OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is anyone shooting a Ithaca?

Started by reflexl, January 16, 2019, 06:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I need another turkey gun like I need a hole in my head. I have 9. I don't have a Ithaca. Is anyone using them and if so how do you like it?

Sir-diealot

I should, they were just across the lake from me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bowguy

Well i gotta be honest and you can take this for what it is. I have one. It's only a few years old and I bought it new. So I take the gun out to pattern it. It shoots good and the trigger is decent. Not great but decent. This lasts 2 shots. The slide bar breaks and scratches the new gun. It's useless so I call Ithaca and send it out. Anything could happen right?
I get the gun back. They didn't fix scratch. Shoot it a few more times. I actually dial it in and am satisfied. One more shot I figure. The gun is closed, won't shoot or allow me to pump shell out. After a 1/2 hour of messing w it I get out shell. I call Ithaca. Send it back. Opening day comes and goes. I get gun back after season. A new one they say.  Year one w it.
Start of new season, I pattern it. Sight it in again. When I sight in I just throw a single shell in receiver. It's always worked before so I don't see any reason to change. Opening day, year two. The magazine doesn't work. Never though to check that but now I have a very expensive single shot. I call Ithaca. Send it back. Get it back end of season and never fire it at bird. Thank God for my cheap 835. It's never given me a prob.
Last year I finally killed w it. No probs whatsoever. I really am considering selling it though, you wanna buy it lol? Idk if I'd recommend it to anyone. Many fellows have good luck so they say. My foremen has a deer slayer that's nothing but probs either. Get a BPS.
They were fairly easy to deal with, I'll give em that. Never cost me a penny. If I wasn't like you n had lots of dedicated turkey guns I'd really have been ticked.

Gumby

I have an Ithaca Turkeyslayer and it is a tremendous gun. No problems out of mine. It's a 2010 or 2011 gun made by the newer group out of Upper Sandusky. They aren't cheap, but well worth the money in my opinion. I have 5 turkey guns and if I carry a 12 it's the Ithaca

reflexl

Thanks guys. I love my 835 and BPS as well as the rest of them. The Ithaca has intrigued me I I figured I needed one but not with all the problems. This gives me something to think about.

jryser

I absolutely love my Ithaca's. I have several, an old school deer slayer from the 70's, a new DS II, and a turkey slayer. No probs with any of them. I hated to read the other poster who had so many problems. It's not what I've been used to from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dms2511

I have an Ithaca M37 Turkeyslayer from Sandusky. I can't say enough good things about the gun. No question the smoothest pump action and best trigger gun I've owned from the factory. I took the advice of Gumby and shoot Hevi 6's with the factory Briley, and it shoots increadibly even and consistent patterns.

Takeaim1st

Yes,  I use a 1969 model 37 20 gauge 2 3/4 chamber. With Federal heavyweight #7 it has been a pleasure to carry due to the light weight and, has been efficient in the harvesting of many gobblers.

30_06

I have several and love them all. The oldest is from the 70's and shoots 2.75s, the newest from the early 2000s and shoots 3".
The only way I would sell one is to get a new one.

Esse quam videri

2eagles

I bought my first mans shotgun back in 1971, an Ithaca 37. Great gun! I still use it for pheasants.
My dad just left me his 37 Slam-Fire. I didn't even know about them until recently.