turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 6s??? Do you like them?

Started by TheSportsman, March 05, 2015, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

I tried a few loads today in my benelli sbe with a rhino .660.  The hevi 3.5" 2 1/4oz 6s @ 1090fps shot great. Really surprised me! Anyone hunt with these? Pros/cons?

Swampchickin234

Yes.  They will hammer birds.  The only cons I see is price and recoil, but is that not with everything else these days?   Pros?  Find what choke it likes and go ye therefore and thrash noggins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wisconsinteacher

I use them in my 870 3" gun and it does a great on the birds. 

dirt road ninja

There isn't a thing wrong with the 6's, my only recommendation would be to stock up on that lot # before you can't.

K9Doc

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 05, 2015, 08:32:59 PM
There isn't a thing wrong with the 6's, my only recommendation would be to stock up on that lot # before you can't.

EXACTLY
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

matchbook454

How do you guys stock up on a particular lot#?  I usually buy a few boxes at Cabelas each year.  Lucky if they have 5-10 boxes of each load out at a time.  Not sure if they stock more in back but doubt it.  Do you guys order it and request lot #'s?

dirt road ninja

I go open all the boxes at bass pro shop or cabelas and take the ones that match.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on March 05, 2015, 07:46:51 PM
I use them in my 870 3" gun and it does a great on the birds.
With what choke, Wisconsin??

mudhen

Been using 3.5" H-13 #6's since they came out....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

davisd9

I love them and they are all I have used since I started shooting HTL. They pound a bird!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

When did you buy the shells and where?

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Longshanks

I have a few boxes of the Hevi 3/2.25/6's. Are you guys seeing variations in the Lot #'s with these shells.

nyhunter

Quote from: Longshanks on March 05, 2015, 10:37:00 PM
I have a few boxes of the Hevi 3/2.25/6's. Are you guys seeing variations in the Lot #'s with these shells.

YES There has been variations between lot numbers of the same shell's. When did you buy the shells? Can you post he lot number?

Jbird22

I shoot the H-13 3-1/2" 2-1/4 oz #6's and love them. They shoot great in my 870 SM with .665 Jellyhead but I actually hunt with a Rem SF Hevi-approved as it throws a little more forgiving pattern. I found several boxes of good lot #'s at my local Academy for $19.99/box a few years back and left the rack empty. I should have enough for MANY years to come.

Longshanks

Quote from: nyhunter on March 05, 2015, 10:42:55 PM
Quote from: Longshanks on March 05, 2015, 10:37:00 PM

YES There has been variations between lot numbers of the same shell's. When did you buy the shells? Can you post he lot number?

I've seen some variation in the 3.5 7's but wasn't sure about the 3.5 6's. I shot one that was fairly sparse.  The 3" 6's and 7's have remained consistent out of my guns.