OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Win SX3 NWTF Turkey VS Rem. 11-87 ShurShot? Which/Why?

Started by TheSportsman, March 08, 2012, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Hey guys.... I am wanting another turkey gun for some reason....  Ive got it narrowed down to two different ones...  The Remington 11-87 Sportsman SuperMag Shur-Shot or the Winchester SX3 NWTF Turkey edition.  I like both guns.  The Winchester has the invector plus choke system, overbored, duratouch, etc.  The Remington has the shurshot stock, adjsutable sights, camo, etc.

Both guns are very comparable...Both camo, both 3.5" chambers, both adjustable sights, etc.  Which would you pick and why? Do you think one would out pattern the other?   Pros and cons, thanks guys!

Hooks' n' Beards'

Both really nice guns,Have you shouldered both of them?Which do you like better?Which fits you Better,I Really like the Winchester,I Almost bought one but was not willing to put 1500 into a Turkey gun last Spring,Hard choice,Good luck,Nice choice to have lol

remmy1187

In my opinion you wont go wrong either way.  Go with what fits/feels the best to you, both guns will probably shoot great with the right choke/load combo.   :anim_25:

C J Stahly

I agree that you need to get the gun that fits and feels the best.  For me, the remingtons just fit better....also have even for a "cheaper" priced gun. 
With that said, no matter which you buy, you are getting a decent product.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

If you're equally comfortable with both of them I'd go with the sx3; it's backbored, has the invector plus system and I like the piston system.

I am also biased because I have a
Browning Silver and have nothing but the highest praises for it.  Ive got an 1187 super mag and have been disgusted by my experiences with it.

Flyrodder

I like the SX3. I bought one when they first came out. Mine came with a cantilevered barrel with a Truglo red dot sight and rifle sights in a nice RED plastic foam lined case. One Winchester Injector Plus turkey choke which I replaced with a Jelly Head. I didn't like the red dot as it set up to high. I replaced it with a weaver 2X scope and low rings. It throws a tight pattern. Don't have any numbers to give on the pattern. I paid $1100 + tax. Probably 3 years ago. Today I saw another new one(cantilever barrel with rifle sights but no red dot) for $1100 + tax.
Flyrodder

goblr77

Reloader

I have both and like both. Pros and cons to each.

The Rem is more comfy to me and is easier to clean imo. The trigger on the Rem is much easier to lighten. Both function great, but the Rem can handle more debris and still function. That's not a big deal most of the time, but it definitely comes into play when I hunt TX. Constant blowing sand is tough even on pumps.

Both great guns, you can't go wrong with either.

Id suggest handling both before purchasing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.