North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Do not look at this thread if you don't like Push Pin Turkey Calls -

Started by Old Gobbler, February 19, 2012, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Push Pin Operation / How To Run

As some of you may or may not know , I have been making push pin turkey calls like mad , Ive had quite a few inquiries about them , and I have made a few with my limited time available for sale to interested parties - I make it a point to run the call(s) to the new owner before shipping so that we know for sure it sound just right - now saying this I can teach someone to run a push pin in person in about 10 minutes if they are with me , over the phone I cant demonstrate the proper methods because no matter what I or anyone says they dive right for the trap of pushing the dowel to give yelps , and it is very hard to describe the proper articulation of the call - If done right , turkeys come running - The main problem is the tag "push" in push pin , it sticks in peoples minds - there are many ways to skin a cat , whatever works for you is fine , but this is the way I kill turkeys

This is Video the method I use to operate my calls , look at my hands {sorry dirty from glue and sawdust} and the way I hold the call and operate - the call is less than 1 foot form the mic , so the sound will be off - check the other videos I have to get a accurate sound recording  

"http://player.vimeo.com/video/37064876?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0"

Fighting rattle , some cuts, and yelping on cocobolo push pins I make
"http://player.vimeo.com/video/37064404?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0"

These are some of my calls I make in my personal collection or made for other turkey hunters , so some/most are not available - just showing you some close up pictures of what the fuzzy video has

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hunter22

ElkTurkMan

Shannon those sound great.  I especially liked the Ebony one.

savduck

Georgia Boy

NCBigShot

When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

callmakerman

With out a doubt some of the best looking and sounding push pins I've ever heard.

bcc2011

Brother Custom Calls

cannonball

MarkJM

These are very pretty push pins, Shannon. How long have you been making them? did you just pick up on them?
MuellerCustomCalls

Old Gobbler

Quote from: MarkJM on February 19, 2012, 11:25:06 PM
These are very pretty push pins, Shannon. How long have you been making them? did you just pick up on them?
Hunting with push pins for decades , making them sporadically in between off and on   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Turkey Trot

Interesting and informative video.

I was at the Perry, GA show a couple of weeks ago and watched part of the calling contest.  Each contestant finished by doing his "best call."  I did not see anyone using a pushpin call at all, and I suppose that most on the market not being that good might be part of it. 

It occurred to me that it would be very different and perhaps useful in contests if the callers had a couple of pushpins and a mouthcall and did clucking and putting and then a fighting rattle with on being put down and a hat coming off and shaken against the body to duplicate the sound of two toms throwing down. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

jblackburn

What's the going rate on one of those beauties?  I may need to get my name on a list for one!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.