turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

help with indian creek pattern

Started by Xtrema30, June 04, 2015, 08:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xtrema30

I recently purchased a Indian Creek .665 for my 870. I shot it today at 40 yards with Hevi Shot #7s and Longbeard #6s both 3".  I shot them out of a vice.  The long beards put 226 in a 10" circle and the Hevi Shot put 186. Problem is both patterns shot low, like a foot and a half low. I moved target in to 30 same thing. Shot it at 10 yards and the main hole was like 2 inches low and left of where i aimed. has anyone else experienced this with a indian creek? i recently put a pistol grip stock on my gun would this have any effect on POA/POI? Thanks for any help or input you guys can give me. Thanks

30_06

It is common to have to adjust your sights so POA and POI are the same.

Borden811

The pistol grip on my benelli caused the same issue. Enter the Burris fast fire, and a comb raising kit, and everything is peachy!

Xtrema30

Yeah everyone is telling me about the fastfire but thats and little more than i wanna spend lol

Rem Man

If you are shooting a bead? the sure shot stock would raise your head because of the higher comb making you shoot higher if anything.

mikejd

I only hunt with front beads on my guns and every indian creek I have run has shot low to the right. Thats with 3 different guns.

Xtrema30

Quote from: mikejd on June 04, 2015, 10:43:10 PM
I only hunt with front beads on my guns and every indian creek I have run has shot low to the right. Thats with 3 different guns.

that is exactly how this one shoots

357MAGNOLE

I have one coming in the mail today, I will let you know how it does.

Had one for my SX3 and never noticed POA/POI issues. It also put up 200+ in the 10"
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

bbcoach

My 835 had POA/POI issues as well.  Grab a few dove loads and shoot them at 15 yards to see exactly what you have.  I topped my 835 with a Bushnell Red dot (around $60) and she now shoots POA/POI.

Xtrema30

Quote from: bbcoach on June 05, 2015, 06:22:48 AM
My 835 had POA/POI issues as well.  Grab a few dove loads and shoot them at 15 yards to see exactly what you have.  I topped my 835 with a Bushnell Red dot (around $60) and she now shoots POA/POI.

I did this and it shot low and left

357MAGNOLE

How much low and left are we talking? Like a few inches or feet?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

bbcoach

Quote from: Xtrema30 on June 05, 2015, 01:54:45 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on June 05, 2015, 06:22:48 AM

I did this and it shot low and left
Mine shot low and right, about 4 inches low and 4 inches right. 

coonhunter

My 870 SM has shot 3" left at 20 yards since day one.  I put a b-squre mount and a scope on it to fix it.
Joshua 24:15

Xtrema30

i really don't want to have to put a scope on it. i hate having to be confined to trying to find a turkey in a scope and what not. plus moving shots, running shots etc. because we all know sooner or later were all gonna have to make that type of shot. things never happen like i want lol...why can't it just shoot straight lol but i shot it again today with the regular stock and it shot low again so i know its not just my new pistol grip stock

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: Xtrema30 on June 05, 2015, 05:32:04 PM
i really don't want to have to put a scope on it. i hate having to be confined to trying to find a turkey in a scope and what not. plus moving shots, running shots etc. because we all know sooner or later were all gonna have to make that type of shot. things never happen like i want lol...why can't it just shoot straight lol but i shot it again today with the regular stock and it shot low again so i know its not just my new pistol grip stock

Have you ever considered a quality reflex sight? Something like a Burris Fastfire or even the more expensive Eotech?

You dont have to close one eye and focus through it, just look at your target and pull the gun up like you would with a bead.