OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

mossberg 835 safety..?

Started by DirtNap647, March 06, 2014, 06:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

does anyone know who makes it or where you can buy the aftermarket tactical safety for the Mossberg 835 remember seeing something about this before being more accessible and ridgid....

CASH

Skeeterbait has one on his 935
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Skeeterbait

I use this style.  There are three different styles I believe, the others being much wider.  I have this one on a 935, two 835's, and a 500.  It is made if steel, not plastic and the edges have good bite to them.  I buy them from www.brownells.com The best thing about them is with a pistol grip stock on a Mossberg you have to release the grip and pull the thumb up over the stock to release the factory safety.  With this one you can push it off with your index finger.

DirtNap647

ok ...thanks guys ...anyone have a spare they would sell?

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

DirtNap647

any personal preference between the two

davisd9

I went with the wider one because of the scope. I think both are very good and vary about 5 bucks. If not for the scope I would use the other just as quick.

So the short answer is no, not really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtNap647