OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3" vs 3 1/2"

Started by DMP, January 15, 2012, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westtennhunter

Well worth the $35 it cost, in my opinion.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I wonder what would happen if I tried that on my 835. 

surehuntsalot

better to have it and not need it,than to need it and not have it,besides today's guns there isn't any difference in price
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

westtennhunter

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on January 18, 2012, 10:48:54 PM
I wonder what would happen if I tried that on my 835.  

I have been told that Mossys pattern so well because they come from the factory with longer forcing cones than other makes. I don't know if that is true. I have never owned a Mossberg. It would be an interesting question for Sumtoy though.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I think I have heard that too.  But I think the main reason why a 835 shoots better than most shotguns is the .775 overbored barrel.  If Rem would use these same dimension overbored barrels on their gun barrels I'm sure you would see hardly any difference in the way they shot between the 2 guns from the factory.   I have tried to get Rem to do this, but they told me backbored barrels or bigger bore barrels have no advantage over their barrels.  

westtennhunter

Good point. Now, if I could get my gun to average 294 with Magblends like their advertisement says I will be happy.   :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: westtennhunter on January 18, 2012, 11:15:09 PM
Good point. Now, if I could get my gun to average 294 with Magblends like their advertisement says I will be happy.   :TooFunny:

I hear ya!  LOL!

Hey could you give me the smith who did the work on your 870 barrel?  Or send me a pm if you like.  I may be interested.  

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteNow, if I could get my gun to average 294 with Magblends like their advertisement says I will be happy.

I was happy with a nice even 180 at 60 Degrees right at POA out of 3" Magnum Blend.  Only the #7's have broken the 200 mark for me using a 3" shell.  That's with an Indian Creek .665 choke and a 28" barrel on a well broken in, but deep cleaned 870.

Longshanks

Yea that's been my story as well..3/2/7's got me to 250 but the mag blends are around 180-200 out of the 3 inch. Turkey killer for sure but getting 220-250 with the Fed HW 7's and the Hevi 13 7's is hard to get away from when I am carrying the Rem 870.(3in).  

Those 870SM patterns with the 3.5 Hevi 6' y'all are posting up look awesome. I have a new super mag rigged out for duck hunting, kicks high flyer, hi-viz sights,shadow grass camo etc. Trying to avoid turning it into a turkey gun but sure is tempting..5 turkey guns is enough.. :emoticon-cartoon-012:

Javi

I like the 3.5 Magnum blends. Best shell after the nitros.

deltaeta