only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-Shot Turkey choke Pattern PIX!

Started by Philippe, September 24, 2011, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: goblr77 on October 06, 2011, 03:26:40 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on October 06, 2011, 03:03:51 PM
Love my Star Dot and the few that I know that have them love them also.

The Star Dot will flat out smoke with 2.25 oz 7's. PG would be my second choice. SumToy 3rd. The patterns below were shot with an 835 with a polished 24" pipe.

Your 835 looks just like my new one.  Cannot wait to get some blood on it.

835 with Star Dot Hevi 6s 1 5/8 oz.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: goblr77 on October 06, 2011, 03:26:40 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on October 06, 2011, 03:03:51 PM
Love my Star Dot and the few that I know that have them love them also.

The Star Dot will flat out smoke with 2.25 oz 7's. PG would be my second choice. SumToy 3rd. The patterns below were shot with an 835 with a polished 24" pipe.

Those are exceptional patterns.  And I want to add that if anyone that tried a Star Dot choke in the 835 and it didn't work then more than likely it was a fluke.  I have owned 2 Star Dot chokes and although I never shot the new one, but I did give it to a guy I worked with and 1 of my good shooting Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7 loads.  He said it loaded up a 9" circle at 40yds with like 290 shot.  Now that is 2 Star Dot chokes that I have owned personally and I would bet money both would shoot about the same with these loads, and I would also bet money you would be hard pressed to find a better shooting choke period for the 835.  Now I don't know persoally about some of the Preston Pittman Star Dot chokes and if they did some altering on them vs the regular Star Dot chokes or not.  I know reloader on here told me about the Star Dot choke.  He, too, said it's probably one of the best chokes in the 835 shooting hevi-shot loads.  

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The Star Dot INV+ choke works great with HTL loads.  I used to have one in RemChoke that liked HTL loads as well, but my Indian Creek .665 RemChoke outshot it.  The Star Dot 40 Yard Lead patterns have been nothing special in INV+ or RemChoke, but 35 Yards is just fine.

Britton40

It didn't pattern in my gun. Maybe its the gun. I even tried the holy grail lot# 300325 hevi 7s.  I polished the barrel according to the directions on this site. My browning silver patterns better. My mossy 835 project was a failure. Plus they kick like a mule. If I would have kept it, I would shoot 3".

Just my .02. Don't want to start an argument, just sharing my story. I've seen some incredible patterns posted. Great gun, but not for me.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That was a great lot, too.  Yea the choke just may not been up to par.  Who knows?  Was it a Preston Pittman Star Dot choke or a regular Star Dot?  Don't know if it mattered or not, but then again if you didn't buy the choke in the package you probably wouldn't be able to know.  I don't think that they labeled the choke Pittman anywhere.  And they may have been made the same I don't know for sure.  But then again when you buy from someone else you never know if they messed with it by trying to alter it in some way.  That's just a guess on my part.  

pabossie255

I just polished the bore and am useing a jelleyhead that I got new for 25.00 and some kent dimond shot #4 3 1/2 turkey shells Ill tell you I was useing rem nitros it took me a hour to clean the gun with those shells with the kent a few runs threw the barrel and clean amost looked clean still after 6 shots threw it with rem 3 and my gun was gunked and these shoot great patterns at 40 and 50 I know there not the hevi 13 but .25 the cost and patterns look as good as what I see here.