turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Day Just Started Out Crappy

Started by Sir-diealot, May 18, 2019, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonmouth

Congratulations on a fine bird. Good story, too.

Jester87

Phattkopp

Congratulations!! Perseverance!! (Just like your Schwarzenegger quote.) Nice work getting it done.

Phattso  ;)

the Ward

:you_rock:Congrats Sirdiealot! All your work and preparations paid off big time. Glad you were able to get a fine gobbler!         :you_rock:

Jeremy66

Congrats on a fine bird. Enjoyed reading the story as well!

land cruiser

Quote from: Happy on May 19, 2019, 09:09:44 PM
So the next question. Who has a better beard? The Turkey or the hunter?
No contest for turkey here, I hope the bird can at least claim the victory on spurs.

BrowningGuy88

That's awesome!

Congrats on a fine bird!

tomstopper

Congrats on your first one. Now go get one more (if I still lived in Corning, I would've been more than happy to try and get #2). Good job sticking with it too.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

afhunter1

dublelung

Congratulations to you! I know you've put in the time and glad it all worked out for you.

Sir-diealot

Sorry I have not replied to everybody before now, my girlfriend and my dog really miss me when I am away hunting so I wanted to spend a lot of time with both of them, the dog is more jealous of my hunting that the GF is. lol

Thank you for all the congratulations and the compliments, it means so much here than it could on social media as we all love the same sport here so it means so much more and so many of you have helped me along the way with advise and calls and more advise.

As far as the question of the bear goes I think the turkeys was longer and certainly thinker but I like to think my has more character :D

As to the Spurs the turkey has me for sure at this point, but I really do have to get the right foot checked out, I am either getting spurs in my heel or Plantar Fasciitis and they both run in my family and I certainly do not want to become a limb hanger!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Congrats man!!! :icon_thumright: The way this story started out, I figured you were going to the hospital, not killing a gobbler!! Boy was I wrong!! ;D I know you have some physical problems, so I'm very happy your morning turned itself around in a big way!! :fud: :turkey:
Congrats again!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 21, 2019, 05:35:15 PM
Congrats man!!! :icon_thumright: The way this story started out, I figured you were going to the hospital, not killing a gobbler!! Boy was I wrong!! ;D I know you have some physical problems, so I'm very happy your morning turned itself around in a big way!! :fud: :turkey:
Congrats again!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Thanks bud, glad you enjoyed it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Congrats on a nice bird .. i'm glad all that grief i give you on the forum payed off ... lol...  It's those day's sometimes you feel the worst is the day your successful .... I guess that god's work ... see we are going to make a turkey hunter out of you yet .... 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 21, 2019, 11:52:30 PM
Congrats on a nice bird .. i glad all that grief i give you on the forum payed off ... lol...  It's those day's sometimes you feel the worst is the day your successful .... I guess that god's work ... see we are going to make a turkey hunter out of you yet ....
Thanks. Yea I think I am getting there. Now with all this experience I am going to have to teach you old guys a thing or two and write a book. :P

John Koenig: