turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cheek riser

Started by VT_hunter, March 31, 2024, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VT_hunter

Hi all, looking for advice for a cheek riser for a Remington 870 20 gauge. I put a reflex sight on it but between the mount and sight, I feel like I'm peeking a lot. Also I shoot left handed so I need that as well. Don't need shell holders or anything special. Thank in advance for your suggestion.

paboxcall

I use a Beartooth 2.0. Helps with recoil too.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WV Ridge Reaper

Godagrip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Beartooth Comb Raising kit---X2.  Plenty on E-bay or through Beartooth.  It raises the comb with multiple foam pads for adjustment and helps with cheek slap.

captpete

I built my own. I used foam pipe insulation and wrapped it with "Vet Wrap". You can get the wrap in a variety of colors at your local farm supply store. A roll of it costs about $10.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: captpete on April 01, 2024, 06:36:12 AM
I built my own. I used foam pipe insulation and wrapped it with "Vet Wrap". You can get the wrap in a variety of colors at your local farm supply store. A roll of it costs about $10.

Did this with my 835 and Velcro'd to the stock. Worked wonderful.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

GregN

Same for me with the DIY route.  I took a piece of clear 1.5" diameter tubing 3" in length, cut in half long ways, doubled them up and taped them to my stock and that gave me.the elevation I needed. I then took a thin foam koozy and cut a piece to cover the tubing , and taped it all over w camo tape.

dantheman

Beartooth for me as well have them on quite a few of my guns now