OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Gold 3 1/2

Started by tbarfiel22, February 16, 2013, 11:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarfiel22

Hey guys im new to the forum. Ive looked all over the place for this and just can't find it. Im sorry if its out there and i haven't seen it but im gonna ask anyway. I just picked up a Browning Gold 3 1/2 12g 28 inch barrel. Just wondering what a good choke/shell combo there is for this gun. I purchased the Browning choke which is .640 constriction and hate it. It's obviously too tight and i can't figure it out. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Get you a good .670 choke like Indian Creek or Pure Gold.  I'd shoot Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #7's. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I used to have that gun in a 26" barrel.  .665 to .670 would be about your best bet. 

TheSportsman

my gold loves the pure goldd .670

Gold Spur

My Gold likes the Indian Creek .665 choke shooting H-13, 3.5" 7's. It patterns the 6's well also.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

the Ward

yea i couldn't get that choke to shoot good either.Like the other posters said a 670 to 680 ought to shoot well in your gun.

CrustyRusty

Try the Hevi13 choke I just tried one with my new Maxus and averaged 240 with hevi 3.5 6's

spaightlabs

I hunted that same gun for years - jelly head worked just dandy with lead and HTL.

DC101

You won't be sorry using a H13 Choke with H13 6s or 7s; have had great success with this combination in my BGH.

tbarfiel22

Thanks guys. I actually found a shell that would shoot good out of that choke. The win extended range #5s shot really good out of it so I'm gonna shoot it this year. I'll improve next year with some of y'all's recommendations.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

.670 rhino
.675 Indian Creek
.670 jellyhead

Not sure why a guy would throw htl 5's at a bird given the kinetic energy and increased pellet counts of 6s....

ILIKEHEVI-13