turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg LPA adjustable trigger

Started by vthunter_08, June 16, 2011, 03:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vthunter_08

I bought a new 835 last year and thought it was going to have the new LPA adjustable trigger on it but when it arrived it was apparently last years model and had the original trigger system.  I don't like the trigger pull on this gun.

Originally Mossberg would not upgrade to the new LPA but now they have agreed to do it for $100.00. 

Before I spend that kind of money I would like to know how well it works. 

anybody out there have the adjustable trigger ?  Is it a precision adjustable trigger ?  Any opinions ?

JUGHEAD

A competent smith can make you like your current 835 trigger a WHOLE lot better for around $40. 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: vthunter_08 on June 16, 2011, 03:52:24 PM
I bought a new 835 last year and thought it was going to have the new LPA adjustable trigger on it but when it arrived it was apparently last years model and had the original trigger system.  I don't like the trigger pull on this gun.

Originally Mossberg would not upgrade to the new LPA but now they have agreed to do it for $100.00. 

Before I spend that kind of money I would like to know how well it works. 

anybody out there have the adjustable trigger ?  Is it a precision adjustable trigger ?  Any opinions ?

I have a Mossberg 4x4 .25-06 rifle that has that same trigger. I have not yet adjusted it but it's pretty easy to do. You can adjust it down or up, depending upon conditions. For light gloves in the spring, you can take it down a lot and then if you use it for waterfowl where you wear heavy gloves, you can take it higher. All that happens with the turn of a screw.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."