turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Return to the Turkey Woods!

Started by Fastcat, May 21, 2011, 11:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

After being away from the sport for 3 years I am back for good!  Thanks in part to all the advice and postings here at Old Gobbler!  Nothing gets the anticipation for an upcoming season going more than this sight!  My new hunting partner, an old Mossberg 835 complete with Pure Gold choke (as per advice on this site) and I scored on two beautiful Wisconsin birds this season.  My first turkey in 3 years was a 19# Jake that fell last week at 47 yards without a flop!  My second bird came this week on a quick after work hunt.  He pinned me down in a picked cornfield.  Nothing looks bigger than a strutting bird from the prone position!  He crossed between two stalks at 43 yards in full strut where he stopped and turned my way.  My new mossy dropped him with authority!  I couldn't have asked for a better way to get back into the sport!  Thanks for all the advice and entertainment everybody!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fastcat

2nd Bird!

Fastcat

2nd bird again!

njdevilsb

Congrats on a couple of nice birds.  Way to come back.  There is a ton of good advice on this site, glad you found some of it useful.

WiLL B

davisd9

Congratulations on two beautiful birds!  That is a great looking 835 too.  My 835 is not as pretty but I still love the ole gal. :D
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

jfair

Congrats.  Paintbrush on that thing!

beagler

Never Misses

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."