News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scotch Brite pad?

Started by STP22, April 21, 2015, 08:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STP22

Hello, all!

I just got a Lights Out slate pot call. I was wondering how you condition slate. A lot of people say to use a Scotch Brite "Green" pad and rub only in two-direction manner, with the grain. I looked all over for the regular green Scotch Brite pad and all they seem to make is the "heavy duty" dark grey pad (below image). Would this be to course to use?

Thank you.

Steve

Dr Juice

callmakerman

Walmart should have the green pads in the same isle as the cleaning supplies. These would work well but the maroon pads that can be found in a paint store and some Lowes works better on the slate and aluminum calls. The grey pads are super heavy duty and more apt to really scratch up the slate like sand paper.

mspaci

STP22

Thank you.

callmakerman... I have been to almost every grocery store, including Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot, and they only carry the 'heavy duty" ones. They just seem too abrasive to me as well.

What are the "maroon" ones or an alternative?

And, I assume the below image is the appropriate Scotch Brite "general purpose" pad? I am looking online (no one carries it around here) and want to make sure this is the correct one.

Thanks!

Steve

outdoors

DID U TRY A GROCERY STORE
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

STP22

callmakerman

I know that I can buy the green pads at our Walmart. I'm also very lucky to have a place in town that sells abrasives and can buy the maroon pads there which I believe are made by 3M for the auto refinishing business or painters.

STP22

The ones you can get...do they say "general purpose"? Is the a product code?

I just want to make sure I order the right one as I can't find them in my area. Everything is "heavy duty."

Thanks for any help.

Steve

SteelerFan

STP22

LOL! Thanks! I was hoping to avoid buying a box. But, thank you.
Steve

BABS9

I use the green "heavy duty" pads you pictured first and they work just fine.

M,Yingling

the green ones u got in your first post will work if u got go with a heavier pad just don't condition so hard ,,,,,,, did your call come with conditioning material
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

STP22

Thank you, BABS9 and M, Yingling!
It didn't come with any, M, Yingling.
Thank you for the help.
Steve

Full strut

i have the same pot and do my conditioning with the first set of scotch brite you have pictured. works like a charm!