OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I have become obsessed with turkey calls ease help!!!

Started by Stump.270, May 07, 2014, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump.270

Ok it's the end of our georgia seAson and I have been swapping. And buying new calls lately my favorite is a halloran crystal mistress which I like the rasp of I have a lonzo slate that I like but I think doesn't have enought rasp a woodhaven cherry crystal classic I've had forever and now a halloran aluminum what else can I add do my arsenal I have some strikers coming from MR.fowler a Brazilian ebony tiete rosewood and hickory with hollow bone tip I really like glass or crystal I just think they sound more turkey my wife says I'm crazy but what else better to spend money in I'm gonna get a lights out dymond wood striker and maybe a yellow heart by someone

outdoors

WELCOME TOOOOO CALL ALCOHOLIC'S  , I DONT THINK U ARE GOING TO GET ANY HELP HEAR  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Stump.270

scoot12

the southland yellowheart crystal is a smoker. :icon_thumright:  just wanted to help with the addiction.  Scoot

Spitten and drummen

man , I feel bad for you lol. I am a non recovering call addict. to suggest what to get now is hard to do. there are so so many great calls out there. I have a truck load and I see no end in sight. good luck and have fun with it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Stump.270

The woodhaven crystal is my least favorite it really only sounds good with the woodhaven purple heart and the strike 3 oak I might trade it for something else I feel calls have to fit the way you call the pressure and the way you hold it I've been running cAlls since I was 13yrs old and no matter if I'm doing it right or not I'm pretty stuck in the way I run the call so I have to find the special one the crystal mistress cuts and yelps are the best I've ran across I would like to try lonnie sneeds hot hen tho

Jbird22

I'm on the flip side Stump. I TRY to not like the Woodhaven Cherry Crystal but no matter how hard I try the call just flat out sounds good. I run a Dad's Purpleheart or Daryl Slaton Paduak on it and I really like the sound of it. I've thought about getting rid of it many times but I just can't do it.

I really want to try a Halloran Twisted Sister, Crystal Mistress, & Laminate Slate. Finally have a Sneed Hot Hen on the way.

Stump.270

Let me know how the sneed sounds if you pm me your number I'll send you a short video of me running the mistress

Jbird22

I just texted you, would love to hear the Mistress...Hot Hen will be in this weekend or early next week. I'll text you a sound file when I get it.

MikeStaten

Jbird,
If you try the twisted sister I would be very surprised if you don't decide to buy one.  It sounds great and is easy to run. If you want to hear one over the phone, pm me your number and I'll run it.  I picked up a few new calls recently and they are each fantastic- stumpys double sided call with ceramic over slatein ambrosia maple pot, Lonny mabrys aluminum in mahogany pot and Paul platz glass in walnut pot.

PS- I'd guess you will get the Sneed call tomorrow. 

Jbird22

Quote from: MikeStaten on May 08, 2014, 02:06:36 PM
Jbird,
If you try the twisted sister I would be very surprised if you don't decide to buy one.  It sounds great and is easy to run. If you want to hear one over the phone, pm me your number and I'll run it.  I picked up a few new calls recently and they are each fantastic- stumpys double sided call with ceramic over slatein ambrosia maple pot, Lonny mabrys aluminum in mahogany pot and Paul platz glass in walnut pot.

PS- I'd guess you will get the Sneed call tomorrow. 

Might take you up on that Mike!

Stump.270

:angel9:if anyone else want to hear the mistress or lonzo slate or any others I have pm me your number I'm not a pro at calling but you could here the call I would like to hear the cackling crystal the twisted sister and the hot hen

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

Stump.270

The teite rosewood from harold fowler will make the mistress and lonzo slate get down now I ordered 3 more strikers today

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I really like a copper over glass. I have one made by Frank Kruer that sounds really good and the birds seem to respond to it. I also have a Crystal Mistress that is my go to call that I used to call in six different birds with this year.