Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Be still my soul ~ Devotion ~ 10/31/12

Started by lightsoutcalls, October 31, 2012, 09:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

This morning on my way to work I was listening to American Family Radio, specifically the Sandy Rios program.  She played parts of an interview with Sean Hannity and Charles Woods, the father of slain Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods.  The interview included Tyrone Woods' 12 and 15 year old daughters stating that they would forgive those in our administration who refused to send help for their father after he made repeated contacts to the appropriate channels for help.  (Libyan embassy- 9/11/12)  They said they were following Jesus example, and that He was pretty good at forgiving people.
   I have to admit, my thoughts are a bit raw right now.  I'd love to share a profound devotion that would change the world.  I don't know the hearts and history of each person that will read this, but I believe that the Holy Spirit would have me to just share a single verse and a link to a song based on that verse.

Psalm 46:10

New International Version (NIV)

10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth."

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=M0C1CNNU

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

BOFF

Thank you Wendell.

In today's society, I often need accountability to be still, and observe without interruption, of how God, is still God.

God Bless,
David B.