OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shannon Push Pin Protector

Started by Greg Massey, March 05, 2023, 01:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on March 09, 2023, 10:56:25 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on March 09, 2023, 09:55:31 PM
I've been receiving a lot of inquiries..........and a lot of very generous offers of assistance in getting a Yoder409 carry system for Shannon's push pins into production.

Shannon is in the process of getting me a "buck" or "mock-up" or "dummy call".  Whatever you wanna name it.  Once I have that in hand, it'll be game-on for the design phase.  I have a picture in  my mind that I wanna run with.

BUT............. Please understand that Shannon is a busy guy.  I spent nearly 36 years doing the very same thing he does for a living.  I totally understand that level of busy.  It's not pretty.

I truly want to get something out there for all the kind folks who have supported the Yoder409 line of holsters in the past AND the folks who are waiting for us.  But we have yet to put anything out there that is less than 100%.  We don't want to.........nor will we........compromise our quality to rush something to the public.

All we ask is your patience.  I think we'll all be happy with the end product.

No it's not pretty, that's for sure. But I can say I truly appreciated my UPS guy, the best actually.

Especially on those days when a turkey call was in route, being a tukey hunter himself he would recognize the return address and handle with extra special care, wrap it in plastic if it was a rainy day, etc.

How do I know he was a stand up honest guy? None of those packages ever got "lost" lol.

Yeah....   But I thought about it a couple times.

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ChesterCopperpot

This can't come quick enough. Feel like I'm toting a three hundred dollar egg in my pocket. Hard to hunt it knowing if you bust it you'll likely never get another. And where I live and hunt there ain't a flat piece of ground to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 11, 2023, 08:35:05 AM
This can't come quick enough. Feel like I'm toting a three hundred dollar egg in my pocket. Hard to hunt it knowing if you bust it you'll likely never get another. And where I live and hunt there ain't a flat piece of ground to be found.

Dave, no worries. Sell it to me before you break  it........ :thanks:
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

Quote from: Tom007 on March 11, 2023, 08:54:23 AM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 11, 2023, 08:35:05 AM

ChesterCopperpot

I'm hoping if something horrible happens Shannon will take mercy on me as he's the one screaming at the top of his lungs, "Hunt it! Hunt it!"

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 11, 2023, 09:03:16 AM
I'm hoping if something horrible happens Shannon will take mercy on me as he's the one screaming at the top of his lungs, "Hunt it! Hunt it!"

I promise I will protect it with (a turkey's) my life......... :fud:
"Solo hunter"

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 11, 2023, 06:21:53 AM
I've been receiving a lot of inquiries..........and a lot of very generous offers of assistance in getting a Yoder409 carry system for Shannon's push pins into production.

Shannon is in the process of getting me a "buck" or "mock-up" or "dummy call".  Whatever you wanna name it.  Once I have that in hand, it'll be game-on for the design phase.  I have a picture in  my mind that I wanna run with.

BUT............. Please understand that Shannon is a busy guy.  I spent nearly 36 years doing the very same thing he does for a living.  I totally understand that level of busy.  It's not pretty.

I truly want to get something out there for all the kind folks who have supported the Yoder409 line of holsters in the past AND the folks who are waiting for us.  But we have yet to put anything out there that is less than 100%.  We don't want to.........nor will we........compromise our quality to rush something to the public.

No it's not pretty, that's for sure. But I can say I truly appreciated my UPS guy, the best actually.

Especially on those days when a turkey call was in route, being a tukey hunter himself he would recognize the return address and handle with extra special care, wrap it in plastic if it was a rainy day, etc.

How do I know he was a stand up honest guy? None of those packages ever got "lost" lol.

My UPS guy is a Turkey hunter. Thank god Shannon mails his calls USPS, cause I think if my UPS guy knew his Pushpin was in the box, it would have mysteriously got lost...... :z-dizzy:
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on March 11, 2023, 10:41:18 AM
Quote from: Yoder409 on March 11, 2023, 06:21:53 AM

My UPS guy is a Turkey hunter. Thank god Shannon mails his calls USPS, cause I think if my UPS guy knew his Pushpin was in the box, it would have mysteriously got lost...... :z-dizzy:

Good LORD !!!!!!!!   USPS ?????????    :o

I hope no one's push pin ends up like my certified letter did about a month ago...........   Lost without a TRACE.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

RatherBeHunting

Definitely something I'd be interested in getting my hands on when available. I haven't figured out a good way to carry one yet.