North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Still grindng it out......

Started by chatterbox, May 06, 2013, 12:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hey teammates!

Went out Sunday morning to a spot where I had a chance at a very nice gobbler. Well, as they say in turkey hunting, there are no absolutes. The big tom gobbled hard on the limb, then pitched down into the other field, and was not seen again for the rest of the day.
After 3 hard days of hunting, and 4 baseball games, I was exhausted. Tried to get up this morning, but just couldn't. Went out and mowed the lawn and was done by 9:30.
I said to myself, "self, you have 2.5 hours to go try to give one a dirt nap". So, out the door I went.
Got into one of my favorite places and got setup.
Long story short, I had 3 gobbling by 10:00, the closest at about 30 yards on a snowmobile trail. I couldn't do anything to convince him to come. He gave me some over the shoulder gobbles, and I never heard from him again.
However, I have a plan............Tommorow I'm in there at first light, right on that trail, and I won't leave till either noon or I kill him, whatever happens first.

spurman

I have a feeling you are going to put him in the bag.  :fud: :OGani:

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Onpoint

West Augusta

Keep at it and have fun.  That's what it is all about.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chatterbox

Quote from: West Augusta on May 06, 2013, 03:23:28 PM
Keep at it and have fun.  That's what it is all about.
I sure am! Having a great season! Harrison got his bird, I called in 3 jakes to the gun, and had one tom super close!
I'm hunting relaxed, and am having more fun than I have had in years!