Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Introductions. Get to know your team.

Started by bornagain64, January 30, 2013, 05:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

Introduce yourself and tell us about you.
Where are you hunting?
What kind of turkey Gun/ shells do you use?
How much will you be hunting and what species?

bornagain64

My name is John Young. I live in Florida and I will be hunting osceolas.
I am a Christian man, been married for 22yrs and I have three children, all three are teenagers.
I have worked at the USPS for over 26yrs.

I have about 4 or 5 hunts set up for this year. I hunt public land, Quota hunts mostly, but was drawn for an area that allows less people and has lots of birds.

I use a Mossberg 535 with an SSX choke and shoot Hevi Shot, 3 1/2", #6 shot.

I look forward to meeting and hearing all about you guys and your hunts. We had a great team last year, and I expect it to be the same this year.

jarbo03

Jerry Courtney, I live in NE Kansas and hunt both easterns and rios. As of now have only hunts here at home planned, Texas is a possibility.
I am single with nothing but a bird dog, a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon naned Taz, who helps me chase a lot of waterfowl and upland birds.
I shoot a Missberg Silver Reserve
O/U with a SSX HD in top barrel and Wilson Precision IM in botton. I shoot 1 3/4oz hand loaded HW 15 #7.  Look forward to another great year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

timberjack86

John Harris , I am 27 years old ,married, I have two kids. I work with my dad logging. I am a diehard turkey hunter even though I am not alll that great. I hunt easterns here in middle TN every chance I get on public and private land. I shoot a mossberg 835 turkey gun and hevi shot magnumblends.  I am a pack rat, My vest probably weighs 30 ibs ;D

Hoosier Daddy

Mark Frantz 43 years old Married and a Diesel Mechanic for 27 years , i'm from Southern Indiana , i'll be Bird Huntin in Indiana , Kentucky , Illinois , West Virginia and Ohio all private land , I plan on using my Bowtech Invasion for all hunts unless things start to turn south for me then i'll bring out the heat , I've been seeing a lot of Birds out lately around here so i'm keeping my fingers crossed .

bornagain64

Did you hear that backwater, he said 

BowTech

Mark I am glad you are on our team, We are going to get along just fine.

backwater is a mathews guy

backwater

I see that John.  Lol.  I think I read he was going to use his bowtech for a while and then switch over to his shotgun.  If he had a Mathews he would of said that he WAS going to kill one with his bow. Just kidding,  good luck with your bow and have a great season.

Hoosier Daddy

LOL.....don't forget that BOWTECH will be hunting 5 states ........mabe the 6th state I will let the gun kill one too so it doesn't get jealous ....... :fud:

Trevor2

Trevor James from East Tn
I shoot a remi 870 special purpose with a ssx choke and magblends
Be hunting easterns only this year and when I'm not hunting I'll be at the track racing.
Strutstopper

neverstopchasin

My name is Evan Merrell and I am 26 married with 2 kids and from middle tn. I am a die hard turkey and deer hunter and i shoot a 870 super mag with federal 3.5 5 shots. I ain't the best but sure give it heck tryin. Good luck this season. :jesus-cross:

neverstopchasin

I'm working with my brother right now remodeling houses and drive right through a wma on my way. And since he don't get out of the bed before 8 or so maybe i can get a few quick ones done this year.

backwater

Good to meet you Evan. Welcome to the team.  When does your season start?

bornagain64

Welcome to the team Evan.
There are some birds on public land, but there are a lot of hunters also. If you can get away from the other hunters you can get on some birds. Its a lot more work, but it is worth when you get one on an wma.
                                 John

timberjack86

Quote from: neverstopchasin on February 16, 2013, 11:09:32 PM
I'm working with my brother right now remodeling houses and drive right through a wma on my way. And since he don't get out of the bed before 8 or so maybe i can get a few quick ones done this year.
Stay away from my birds evan  ;D Just kidding He actually put me on the bird I killed last year!

neverstopchasin

we start the end of march here in tn. i think i seen where a few of yall were from florida and was wondering how close to mascot florida you are? the reason i ask is because i have family there and we thinkin bout giving it a try down there on a big osceola if work and funds let us.