turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best hunting hiking style boot

Started by tha bugman, May 01, 2018, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

What is the best hunting hiking style boot?  I have a pair of UA's that are pretty good, but just wondering what everyone else uses.

strutnva

I love Lowa's, they are a bit pricey but good boots.  Had the same pair for years.

idratherb

bobk

Lowa's are the best that I have wore. Comfortable, durable , great support and traction. They offer models for steep rugged terrain to uplands. They last for years.

deer655

I love Lowa boots and shoe. But I bought a pair of old school style hiking boots from Danner for 160. They are so comfortable that I dont wear tennis shoes around the house anymore.

Tracker12

Meindle perfec hunters from cabelas. In the last 40 years I have tried them all and these are one of the best

BHMTitan

Last 3 years I hunted in the Kenetrek Bridger Ridge high tops.  Very happy with them.  No longer waterproof... but they've many miles on them.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: idratherb on May 01, 2018, 07:31:34 PM
kenetreks
Where do you hunt and what kenetrek model do you run? I would think most their line is a little too much boot for turkey hunting in most timber but I don't know what all they have for lighter more flexible boots or if you hunt real rugged country

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Tracker12 on May 03, 2018, 08:17:11 AM
Meindle perfec hunters from cabelas. In the last 40 years I have tried them all and these are one of the best
Im on my 2 or 3rd pair of of the meindle ultra lites they are light and comfortable but the waterproof never holds really long

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TauntoHawk

I am 15miles of break in for a pair of Columbia Cordovan boots I wanted a really waterproof light leather boot. They use out dry which from what I've read is superior to gortex and are 1.3lbs each the leather is stable enough for ankle support while the sole is still soft and flexible. So far good turkey boot and I found them about 65% off

Marc

Hopefully my question is an addition, and not a hijack to the thread...

I have a narrow heel and a high arch...

I would love to find some good, comfortable, waterproof, and non-insulated boots for upland hunting and turkey hunting...

In the past I have actually tried purchasing women's hunting/hiking boots due to having such a narrow foot, but most of the women's boots not only have insulation, they have a lot of insulation, and my feet literally feel like they are cooking with the extended walking I do in them.

Hiking boots last me about 1 year at the most, as they are made for hiking on trails, and not on rugged terrain...  Also hiking boots do have as good of ankle support.

Any recommendations (from anyone else with narrow feet) would be appreciated.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

kyturkeyhunter4

Last year I bought me a new pair of under amour hiking boots to try out and I have been very pleased with them. There light weight and gortex and they won't break the bank on you. I think I gave $99 bucks for these and they came in mossy oak.

Heavy Load

There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

boomer

Kenetrek mountain extremes might be a little overkill but after breaking them in the most comfortable boots I have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

aclawrence

I've been waiting a pair of Zamberlans the last couple years and they have been great. Completely waterproof!  A little better heavier than something super light and flexible like a Lowa but they're really comfortable to me. This year I wore them all turkey season paired with a set of Turtle Skin snake gaiters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk