OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rio Outfitter Recommendations

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 11, 2018, 08:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Anyone have a recommendation for a reputable Rio outfitter that's reasonably priced? I'll only have about three days to pull this off so a complete DIY isn't practical. I just need someone that will put me on birds and point me in the right direction, then turn me loose. Semi guided I suppose. Can't break the bank with this one, would like to be able to kill up to two birds. What do y'all think?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Gamblinman

Texas. Check the Texas Hunting Forum under turkey hunting, and Guide and Outfitters. South Texas South opens Mid March, Texas North opens last day of March.

West Kerr Ranch

Real Outfitters
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

dejake

Todd Griffin at Pipe Creek Outfitters in Kansas.  Will let you hunt the way you want, lots of birds, great facilities.

BamaBigswamp

Canadian River Hilton in Crawford Ok

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Gamblinman on February 12, 2018, 05:30:07 AM
Texas. Check the Texas Hunting Forum under turkey hunting, and Guide and Outfitters. South Texas South opens Mid March, Texas North opens last day of March.

West Kerr Ranch

Real Outfitters
Real outfitters seems to be pretty reasonable for what they offer. Have you hunted with them before?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

dirt road ninja

Quote from: dejake on February 12, 2018, 06:28:34 AM
Todd Griffin at Pipe Creek Outfitters in Kansas.  Will let you hunt the way you want, lots of birds, great facilities.

Todd is a solid choice

mtns2hunt

I hunted with prairie Thunder outfitters in Kansas. Plenty of land and birds. I found the Rio the most fun to hunt. I have had many great hunts but that Rio is awesome. Birds are very vocal but not a push over. Hunted one bird for three or four hunts before closing the deal. Link below is a description of my hunt.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,73742.msg717569.html#msg717569
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.