OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New to Board (Mods, if wrong place please move)

Started by 357MAGNOLE, May 12, 2015, 07:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Hey everyone.

Been browsing for a little bit and figured I would be best off to join the forum.  Just got started into Turkey hunting, about to get started with waterfowl hunting.

Name is Chris, I am active duty Navy stationed in King George, Va currently.  I have hunting access on the base up here which is great but also somewhat limiting.  I am from Florida, but grew up on the state line so I spent a lot of time in Thomas County Ga.

I just purchased a new SG I am trying to dual purpose for turkey/waterfowl.  It is a Winchester SX3 with a Indian Creek .665 choke and a burris speed bead.  I like the setup so far, need to find a good waterfowl choke. 

Any way, nice to join and get into the discussions.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

backwater

Welcome to the forum.   Very friendly folks here.  Congrats on the new shotgun.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

kyturkeyhunter4

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on May 12, 2015, 08:34:35 PM
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an  :welcomeOG: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Thanks for your service

Thanks a lot guys, its my honor. I love my job and it allows me to take care of my family.  Yeah I started out with the original shotgun I got when I was 16 back 11 years ago. It just wasn't high enough quality.  It would not put out good even spreads. I could not pull the trigger on my first bird when it was about 50 yards out, came home and mentioned that to the wife and she said go get a new one. I was out the door and did not give her a chance to change her mind.

Did not do much research but it felt great in the shop, and the price was okay right at $1K
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

tomstopper

Greg Massey

Welcome... thanks for your service.... nice gun.

allaboutshooting

Welcome to OG Chris. We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing more from you.

You will find this to be an excellent site with many helpful people with knowledge of both guns and hunting. It's a friendly place that promotes politeness and hunting ethics.

I also have the SX3 and have found it to be an excellent all around shotgun including your intended uses for waterfowl and turkeys. It's reliable, light and mine shoots to point of aim.

Your service to our country is appreciated and please let us know any time if we may be of help to you.

Thanks again,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Phire Phite

:thanks: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :wagon:

Great choice.  Lot of fans of the sx3 here, I'm sure most questions you may end up with could be answered here.  Great group of peeps here now one more strong.

Greybeard11

Welcome to the forum, alot of great info on here, and a heartfelt "THANK YOU" for your service!
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

101st501

Welcome from Grady Co. Georgia.  There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site.  You will find only support and a good time.

zelmo1

Snoodsniper

2eagles

I truly admire all the folks protecting our country and way of life.   :thanks:
You made a good choice on your SX3. Both of my sons (both vets) shoot SX3's and I shoot a Browning Silver which is basically the same gun. Before you spend the $ on a waterfowl tube, pattern your factory tubes. They will probably give good patterns. If you want ideas, I use a Carlson's for geese and one son uses a Patternmaster for everything.