OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Double spurs in NY

Started by NYGobblergetter, May 09, 2014, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYGobblergetter

It was anther quick hunt on 5/8/14. I roosted a bird the night before and I had a very good idea where he was. I was pretty sure he was on the point of a ridge on a proeprty I hunt. So I got in real early because I knew I would be close, and close I was. I was set up within 50 yards of the big and could actualy see his black blob shape in the twlight. I set up a hen decoy about 25 yards away on a likely landing spot and got set up. He started drumming just after 5 and I got to see him wake up and gobble his head off. Once it was fianlly light enough out I make a couple of soft yelps that turned him around on the limb. Once he spotted the decoy he gobbled a few more time, then pitched down right by the decoy. He was on the ground less than 20 seconds before I shot. 21lb 7 oz, 9" and checks out the hooks. I never thought I would shoot a bird with double spurs!

NYGobblergetter

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rokhal07

Rio Fan

Congrats on a great bird!  :icon_thumright:

That rope looks more like a paintbrush!

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomstopper

Awesome bird. Congrats......

captin_hook

Awesome. You don't see that too often. Congrats

Terry

beagler

Never Misses

MACHINIST

Nice,what part of NY are you in?

WiLL B

DirtNap647

mikejd