turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another good fall hunt with my friend who has cancer[up-dated w/pic]

Started by fallhnt, October 29, 2012, 08:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

This started in MO. on public land. In late Sept. I called in 8 longbeards during bow season. I could not get a shot due to the angle and they were less than 10 byrds. That hurt. I stayed at it and when Oct. came we went after them with no sign off them. I thought they were on private ground and we moved on with no luck. His health got to the point that he couldn't breath easy.I told him to go to the hospital where he was admitted for two days this past week. He told the DR. he was meeting me back in MO. this weeked so they need to "get me fixed".Well sat. was a bust.All the birds we saw were coming out of the trees as we were walking/calling.That nite after a long nap in the afternoon I told him to go to his easy spot so we split up to roost.As he was calling another hunter walked to him calling back thinking he was a turkey at 6:00.So he packed it up and went for a bite to eat and wait for me. He likes to duck hunt and talk so when he asked the some duck hunters how they did and the talk turned to turkey.Turns out they watched 8 longbeards on the bank for a long time.When I got back we thought it was the area we were in becouse we watched the duck show  during our break. I said lets go ask them and find out.BINGO! I said thats them we are going there in the morning.I took him to the close spot,a 50 minute walk,and I went 20 minutes more.When I heard the fight I called huim on the radio to report they were between us.He told me they were roosted above him.Two shots latter he had two super jakes down! They had about 8 in. beards...Bottom line great day.We BS'ed in the woods,went to eat Sun.buffet and hunted together that night.No luck but thats not the point.I will post his pic asap.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

redarrow

tomstopper

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!