turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rip Toby Keith [emoji2732]

Started by patrickstave851, February 08, 2024, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickstave851

I'm not much of a country music fan, but he was great. When his good friend and bandmate & basketball great, Wayman Tisdale died early from cancer, he came with 'Cryin' For Me'...which gets me every time.

I listened to it a few more times yesterday, then needed 'Red Solo Cup' to cheer me up...got me LMAO!!

Thanks Toby...you will be missed.

Will

Amen! True patriot and gentleman! He will certainly be missed.

Kytomgetter

RIP Toby. Great singer and songwriter will definitely be missed.  Prayers for his family

GobbleNut

Seeing his deterioration from his former self to what he looked like at the end was quite a shock.  To me, it is just a reminder that none of us know what lies ahead in our lives...and to remember to live each day to the fullest and appreciate what we have right now. 

Sanders153

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 08, 2024, 10:40:30 PM
Seeing his deterioration from his former self to what he looked like at the end was quite a shock.  To me, it is just a reminder that none of us know what lies ahead in our lives...and to remember to live each day to the fullest and appreciate what we have right now.

Absolutely GobbleNut.. It was very hard to recognize him towards the end. And he was only 62 sadly. You are very right, none of us ever know when it will be, and when the Lord says it is time, it is time.

Badger

Concur with Gobblenut.  I'm in my 60's and have had some friends pass and its very sad.

Tom007

RIP, great talent, great person for sure.....
"Solo hunter"

idratherb

Zobo

His son wrote a really beautiful tribute to his dad. If you're a father I recommend reading it. True success.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14