OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Original

Started by CMBOSTC, September 30, 2023, 06:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMBOSTC

This yelper is made from Cocobolo, and buffalo horn.

If you follow my posts any you know that I love making just about any call ever conceived. They all fascinate me. From my experience through experiments I have developed an eye and ear for unique. I have discovered by being a hunter and a call maker that being or sounding unique is key. Which takes me to the first style of trumpet that I ever made. Before I started developing this call I had to decide what I wanted. First on the list was realism. I wanted a call that was sharp and responsive. I like to be able to switch from yelps, to excited yelps to clucks and purrs and wanted a call that would keep up with me. Next on the list was size. I wanted a call that was slender and would slip into and out of, a pants or shirt pocket and or would hang lightly around the neck. Last on the list was weight. I wanted a call that was very lite. Let's face it, we carry a lot of crap with us while chasing birds. Sound, size and weight are always a consideration/factor in my calls. I am now realizing just how unique this call actually is. It has a very big voice, minimal profile and extremely lite and sounds like Whitney Houston singing "I will always love you"!

outdoors

Nice looking yelper
You mentioned purring
Can you post a sound clip of this sound
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Lcmacd 58

Nice looking horn .....

turkey stew

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

EZ

greentrout

I like hearing what you had in mind and creating a trumpet for what that was versus making one just to make one. Looks sharp!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.