OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buckeye burl pot for a service member

Started by lightsoutcalls, February 10, 2011, 09:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

This one has been in the works for about 3 months.  I found some nice buckeye burl and shipped it off for stabilizing.  The piece I originally planned to turn for him... well, lets just say I blew that one... it was incredible... just before I got my gouge in too deep and ripped a chunk out of the side...AAAHHHHHH!!!!  This one was the second try.  I'll be assembling it this weekend.  The buyer is a service member stationed in Afghanistan.  He ordered a couple of other calls shortly before Christmas.  He liked those so well, he just had to have one of the buckeye burl calls after seeing a picture of one I made a couple of years back.  I quoted him $120, as I hadn't been able to find nice buckeye burl in some time.  I also have 4 shipping charges involved in the blanks from purchase to shipping to customer, as well as $11 per pound of wood in stabilizing. I hope he likes it.  I do have one more blank of this wood... just in case.

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

turkey slayer

Hillbilly280

That is a pretty pc of wood.He will like it.

Bobby
VANOVER GAME CALLS

hookedspur

That is one BEAUTIFUL piece of wood ,you can almost see the faces of all the turkeys that thing has in it !!!!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

dreis3

Wendell, my friend, that is one stunning call! One of, if not the, finest I've ever seen posted here on OG!

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

coachmitchel

Wow, that's a great piece of wood.  Great call.... :z-guntootsmiley:

Big Timber

Wendell, words can't explain that call. "WOW".  :icon_thumright:

Roostem33

Thats an awesome looking call Wendell, I think he will like that!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mossy835

Nice lets hope it works out and he gets it, should be a life time heirloom to hand down in the family.

WyoHunter

WOW! Super figure in that piece of wood.  :happy0064:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Wendell, that is one of the prettiest calls I think I have ever seen.  You give me a little time and we are going to hook up.  I have always wanted one of your pots.  I love those laminates that you recently done as well.  Do you have anymore of that there feathercrotch walnut that you made on that laminate call that was so pretty? 

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Rodd Gunn

Awesome. I hope it talks as good as it looks. Great job. Rodd Gunn

doepee

Awesome looking wood, what surface will be in that bad boy??