only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many different guns

Started by Farmboy27, February 27, 2016, 10:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

Remington 870 SP Turkey
Remington 870 SuperMag

I hope to add an 870 20ga to that list this year.

wvmntnhick

Well, it's a list but I'll shorten it to keep it somewhat sane:
Winchester sx2, h&r excel auto, rem 870, to many rifles to even consider recalling. Would like to add that even with the rifles, the vast majority of the birds were still shot well within acceptable shotgun range. Only in recent years have I been talked into being more adamant about the use of a shotgun. Trying to make a conscious effort this year.

Nick C.

Most of my kills have been with my Mossberg 835 but every new gun I get I have to kill atleast one bird with it. I have to say though every time I walk out of the house with any other gun I feel as to if I left my vest there too. I guess it's sentimental to me. But others that I have used are: Auto-5,Browning Gold,New A5, Remington 1148 20ga, Mossberg 500. I might have missed some but those are the ones that come to the top of the head. This year I have got aM2 20 ga and a SBE2 that is needing to get acquainted with this amazing creatures. Good luck to everyone this spring

dirt road ninja

WildSpur

Mossberg pre 97 500
Winchester 1300
Mossberg 835
Remington 870

So 4. 

Cluck more, yelp less

Captaintopwater

Killed my first turkey with my BPS 10, since then 835, 870, and another BPS 10, back to the 835 this year and still tryn to seal the deal with my 870 20.

OldSchool

Quote from: Byhalia on February 27, 2016, 06:45:56 PM
one gun - 36 years  !!!!   OLD SCHOOL

H & R 10 ga. - single shot
cut and sleeved (21") and got the enforcing cone lengthened (no choke tube)
It is a killin machine.

Many Gobblers have fallen to date and still going strong.    :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

My Dad gave me the gun early one fall with my first deer season in mind. I used it on small game before deer season opened then killed my first buck and a doe with it that year. I'm sure Dad intended it to be a starter gun for me for deer hunting, but after killing a couple deer with it, there was no way I was parting with it. In the years since, I've used it on everything from woodcock to a couple black bears. Like I said, It's an old reliable friend and I wouldn't part with it for anything.

Dad had an old 12 gauge Ithaca that my mom got him in the 50's and if my sister didn't steal it and sell it when he died, along with his other guns, I'd probably be using it on turkeys for sentimental reasons. Luckily, she missed the full choke barrel that went with it, so I took the old raybar sight off it and put it on my 20.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

owlhoot

10 or 12?  From the 20 gauge to the 10 gauge , single shot to the Auto, 21" barrel to 36".

Wish i still had them all.

yelpaholic

1200 Winchester pump, 870 wingmaster, 3 different old school camo 11-87s, a 20 guage youth model and a 11-87 super magnum affectionately known as the "pasture cannon".......O and and a mossburg 835 Still have all of them but the mossburg.........

Dr Juice

I have two turkey slaying machines. My first one is Rem 11-87 3" 12g with a 23" barrel. My second one is a Win SX2 3.5" 26" barrel. Believe it or not, my Rem has been out performing my SX2 but I'm still working on it. I've killed numerous of birds with both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey buster

11 birds 7 guns And 6 different shells!!! And we argue over what's best....lol

mightyjoeyoung

First couple turkeys fell to an old Steven's pump I built from a bag of parts my father gave me when I was 11.  Then I carried a old 36" bbl H&R long tom single shot.  Man does that gun SHOOT.  Kicks you like a rented mule too!  After that I started my love afair with the 1300 and then the 835, both models of which inhave owned more than 5 each.  When I bought my SBE II I thought I was done...nope!  Now I've been running the lil 20s for about 8 years and love those light, nimble, killers.  A couple 870s and a TC encore now, but I have plans for another ultralight single shot, a nice semi like the SA-20 and a bantam 500 formthe girls. Fun times!!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Happy on February 27, 2016, 03:17:58 PM
One. A mossburg 835. Think we are going on 15 years together.

Same here exactly

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

BrowningGuy88

Well I have never really thought about it.

410 single shot
Savage 20 gauge single shot
Remington 870 Youth
Winchester 1300 NWTF
Mossberg 835
Mossberg 935
Browning BPS 10
Remington 1100
Remington Versa Max
Another Mossberg 835

There are probably a couple more I forget, but I have killed a BUNCH of turkeys and mostly just one or two with each gun except the Remington 870 Youth  20 gauge and the Winchester 1300 NWTF. I have killed 60 or so with the 20 and 25 or 30 with the Winchester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Quote from: Byhalia on February 27, 2016, 06:45:56 PM
one gun - 36 years  !!!!   OLD SCHOOL

H & R 10 ga. - single shot
cut and sleeved (21") and got the enforcing cone lengthened (no choke tube)
It is a killin machine.

Many Gobblers have fallen to date and still going strong.    :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Awesome ... how's your shoulder doing? I hope well.