OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Graphics

Started by Old Gobbler, February 21, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

How would you remove it if you needed to?

Borden811

It just peels off if you need to removed it. I just did a browning gold in MO bottomland. First time I tried it, and it looks pretty good. It's time consuming, but it's fairly easy, and it only cost 25 bucks.

turkey_slayer

What I can't figure out is how is it durable and easy to peel off? Seems like it would come undone when dragging it thru brush

ShotGunSniper

Nice. It look's almost like it's dipped.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

jdavenp3

Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 23, 2014, 01:28:48 AM
What I can't figure out is how is it durable and easy to peel off? Seems like it would come undone when dragging it thru brush

It is probably easy to peel off in the sense that you can find the seams and then work the wrap off. I doubt say that dragging through the brush you will have that perfect branch catch it and rip it off your weapon.

If the adhesive process is like a car wrap type material then it is probably pretty stout. However, anything can happen and I am sure there is that scenario where it could unravel like a banana peel.

Borden811

You'd have to find a seam, and work to get it started, then peel it off. Make no mistake, you'd have to work to get it off, and it would take a bit of your time. The browning I just did that I referenced in my post above, had a waterfowl pattern on it, that was the same mossy oak kit. It took me about an hour to get it all off. But once I did, you couldn't tell it was ever on the gun. No residue, no marring, water had never gotten under it, etc. it looks like pretty decent stuff.

wvnut3

Nicely done. Looks good. Lee :icon_thumright:

turkey_slayer

Gotcha :P. I may get one in bottomland as I love the way it looks

Borden811

I'm gonna post mine up here in a bit, I've had a couple requests for pics if it. I'm no pro by any means, but it turned out pretty decent.

camodawg

[/URL][/img]
[/URL][/img]
This is my Winchester SX3 that i did last year. This stuff is really duable and it stays on until you want it off.

camodawg

turkey_slayer

tomstopper

OG & camodawg your guns look great. I might try to put this on a old 22 that I have...

jdavenp3

How hard was it around the bolt/ejection port around the receiver? Is it something that just takes time to lay it down right?

Borden811

That was one of the easier parts. The piece that goes over the receiver is flat. You just Lay it on over the whole side of the receiver, and then take the exacto knife, and run the blade right around the edge of the opening. Cuts it out perfect!