OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Many Plan On Shooting Hevi-13 #7's This Spring

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 16, 2012, 05:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 16, 2012, 08:24:50 AM
Quote from: Philippe on March 16, 2012, 06:04:25 AM
They shoot like crap out of both guns for me, so the 835 is using lead this spring and the 870 20 ga will be shooting Fed heavyweights.

I think you need to play some more.   Send me your gun after the season is over and I will show you how well it in fact shoots.   :lol:

I've tested 6 different chokes with those 7's, my gun just does not like them, that and i'm not drinking the koolaid anymore and paying 30+ a box for 5 shells. That and i'm not gonna play the lot number game.

seadux

Depending on pattern results this weekend, it will be 3.5 H-13 #6 or #7 but could be Fed. Heavyweight #7s.

MERCing

I'm been shooting 7's in the 20ga's.

As much pattern testing as I do, I got tired of getting pounded by the 3.5, 2 1/4 oz loads in 5's and 6's  so I ordered some 3 in # 7's for the 12 ga and getting around 200/10/40.
The next season, I'll probably be going back to lead.
I could've bought another gun with the $$ I've spent on HTL loads this season.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: fountain2 on March 16, 2012, 09:07:49 AM
Well brad, I've  a few testing different stuff in my guns and got some great patterns, but never hot to hunt with them last year cause I tagged out before I got to. 

I've had some bbl trouble the last week due to stupidness, but its coming back and the hevi 7s are loaded and headed to Florida tonight.   I hope I get a chance to try one, but the 20 w/tss is the main rig. 

U right...I just can't see one walking off with the patterns like im getting.   

No gobbler will walk free from the 7's when your shooting the kind of patterns we guys are getting at 40yds.  All we have to do is keep our distance in check and not try and over do it. 

Maybe we ought to start out own Hevi-13 #7 club.   :fud:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Philippe on March 16, 2012, 09:11:48 AM
They shoot like crap out of both guns for me, so the 835 is using lead this spring and the 870 20 ga will be shooting Fed heavyweights.

I think you need to play some more.   Send me your gun after the season is over and I will show you how well it in fact shoots.   :lol:

I've tested 6 different chokes with those 7's, my gun just does not like them, that and i'm not drinking the koolaid anymore and paying 30+ a box for 5 shells. That and i'm not gonna play the lot number game.

I bet I got a choke that will shoot great in your gun with the #7 loads that you haven't tried.  But it's not for sale. 

Good luck in your quest. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: seadux on March 16, 2012, 09:12:43 AM
Depending on pattern results this weekend, it will be 3.5 H-13 #6 or #7 but could be Fed. Heavyweight #7s.

One of these days I might have to try some of them Fed just to see how they do.  Let us know how they shoot.

Philippe

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 16, 2012, 09:59:25 AM
Quote from: Philippe on March 16, 2012, 09:11:48 AM

I have a Star Dot lol

I bet I got a choke that will shoot great in your gun with the #7 loads that you haven't tried.  But it's not for sale. 

Good luck in your quest. 

budtripp

nope... I'll have the 3.5" 6's chambered though

stinkpickle

I will.  I got about five boxes left, and I plan to shoot 'em all at something...just not cardboard.    :D

allaboutshooting

We'll shoot both #6 and #7 Hevi-13s this year, depending upon the gun we take to the field. They both work very well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

jasperjet

going with the #7 3 1/2 inch loads but they do hurt my shoulder a bit..but that keeps me from wasting them on paper .

strutstopper

I'll be shooting them again this year for the third or fourth year in a row. Lot #300325=lots of carnage

paboxcall

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 16, 2012, 10:35:40 AM
I will.  I got about five boxes left, and I plan to shoot 'em all at something...just not cardboard.    :D

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

I will be shooting them until I run out.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer