OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Some Spalted Sycamore Pot Call Blanks

Started by TurkeyHunterML, June 25, 2018, 09:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyHunterML

I have 20 10 Spalted Sycamore blanks (4x4x1 at a minimum, most slightly bigger). It has awesome spalt and is pretty solid. Some might have some minor checking that can easly be stabilized with CA glue. I have made a few call from it and finished with CA. While I am still experimenting and fine tuning my calls sound pretty good and I actually killed two (2) nice birds this year after calling them in with two (2) of my calls. 2 blanks will fit in a small flat rate box. I'm trying to get some more start up money to buy some more slate, glass and alumimum. Would like $4.00 a blank.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

Sir-diealot

Oh man that call has an incredible pattern on it. Love it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TurkeyHunterML

Afew more to show how great these blanks are.

jryser

Wow stunning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

TurkeyHunterML

Sound good. Sound changes depending on the striker used. All will surely call turkeys. At least once a year I get a bird to fire up on a call that just does not sound good to me, but he (Mr. Gobblehead) loves it.

I have some materials that I am going to turn some one (1) and two (2) piece strikers with. My first attempts at strikers were hit and miss as I was just turning to try and make some cool patterns.