Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Getting Close

Started by zelmo1, January 25, 2024, 06:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Yup, that's me! On top and killing it. You can tell by the smug look that I wasn't trying that hard either.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Happy

It's all fun and games till you get the GOATS all riled up.

Yoder409

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Bah !!!

Kid looks like a sissy anyhow. 

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

Yoder I thought you repaired that fence were the Grummpies were getting out?!?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Yoder409

I did...........    ::)

I didn't realize the old farts had an appetite for blue baler twine. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Quote from: Happy on February 06, 2024, 06:11:36 AM

Even though it depicts violence against children,
this is hysterical  :TooFunny:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Happy

I was amused by it. But it doesn't take much to amuse me.

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Yoder409

Quote from: Zobo on February 06, 2024, 07:42:41 PM
Quote from: Happy on February 06, 2024, 06:11:36 AM

Even though it depicts violence against children,
this is hysterical  :TooFunny:

That's what's wrong with kids these days..........

I was that size 50 years ago.  I'd have been back up and REPEATEDLY had a ball bat across that goat's noggin RIGHT quick.
PA elitist since 1979

eggshell

It would be interesting to see more of the video, before and after. Was the kid tormenting the goat and how did the adults react. Any goat that done that to my kid would have been in serious hurt in a hurry, unless I knew the kid had it coming. My best friend was keeping his son's dog at his house and he snapped at me trying to bite me. I looked right at my best friend and told him, "if the dog bites me I will kill him right on the spot with my bare hands if I have too". He knew darn well I was serious and took the dog away. I have zero tolerance for disobedient pets. If you know the goat bucks then keep him the heck away from people.

Yoder409

Quote from: eggshell on February 07, 2024, 04:33:27 PM
I have zero tolerance for disobedient pets.

35 1/2 years a UPS driver........... I've had to do some pretty drastic things to customers' dogs while they stood there yelling "He doesn't bite !!"
PA elitist since 1979

Paulmyr

Looked like the goat already got the kid one before by the way he  was holding his rear end while he was limping towards the camera away from the goat.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Happy

I grew up around livestock my whole life, roosters, billy goats, and bulls. I have fought the first two many times and done some serious evasive maneuvering with the 3rd more than once. You learned to keep an eye on the troublemakers, kick butt when you could, and run like hell when you couldn't.

Zobo

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 07, 2024, 05:32:41 PM
Looked like the goat already got the kid one before by the way he  was holding his rear end while he was limping towards the camera away from the goat.

Evidently the cameraman was reveling in the schadenfreude of the moment.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

eggshell

I hear you Happy and I also grew up on a farm around all the livestock. You learned which ones to watch out for. I give livestock a pass, but pets that are supposed to be obedient, no pass. Also, we never let people around the ones that had a an attitude. They would always know when someone was new and fair game. They had already learned who we were and where their food came from.