OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag with a TRS-25

Started by SwampChickin, January 12, 2015, 06:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

You mention the thumbhole stock....my only thought on that is what if you need to take a left handed shot? A true thumbhole could get very uncomfortable shooting turkey loads if the need arises. You may never take left handed shots but it's something to consider. A pistol grip is awesome and ambidextrous.

SwampChickin

Quote from: Snoodsniper on January 13, 2015, 08:09:22 PM
You mention the thumbhole stock....my only thought on that is what if you need to take a left handed shot? A true thumbhole could get very uncomfortable shooting turkey loads if the need arises. You may never take left handed shots but it's something to consider. A pistol grip is awesome and ambidextrous.
Yeah, I've yet to take a lefty shot, not saying the need would never arise. And I have taken that into consideration. I won't spend the money on one I'm sure , but it would be nice to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbrady835

I'm all for the thumbhole man nobody needs to shoot left handed!!! J/k man I wish I could I have never been able too shoot lefty bc of my dominant eye even though I write left handed I have a pistol grip on my setup and another on one of my backups, on my primary I use a knoxx nrs no recoil suppression, I love it and on my backup I have a phoenix technology sporter stock nrs no recoil. Suppression on it either I don't like recoil dampening stocks I shoot 3.5" shells I just don't think the two would mix!!!

SwampChickin

Quote from: Tbrady835 on January 14, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
I'm all for the thumbhole man nobody needs to shoot left handed!!! J/k man I wish I could I have never been able too shoot lefty bc of my dominant eye even though I write left handed I have a pistol grip on my setup and another on one of my backups, on my primary I use a knoxx nrs no recoil suppression, I love it and on my backup I have a phoenix technology sporter stock nrs no recoil. Suppression on it either I don't like recoil dampening stocks I shoot 3.5" shells I just don't think the two would mix!!!
I think I am going to stick with the factory stock! The TRS-25 and rail mount are on their way,and so is the SSX choke tube,which I bought from "allaboutshooting".. I think I'm gonna leave her as is and start shooting!! I'll save the new stock purchase for my Marlin 60! It needs it way more!! Boyd's, here I come! Thanks all for the info!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk