OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trulock Chokes??

Started by MS, June 01, 2011, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS

Anyone had experience shooting Hevi-Shot through a Trulock extended ported turkey choke?  Great, good, average, bad? 

R AJ

George Trulock makes a quality choke. Results may vary by gun and choke.
I have experienced more good results than bad and he stands behind his product.

DocHolliday

Only experience w/ extended unported style. GREAT product! Shoot 'em in about 8 different turkey guns.
George and Jarrod Trulock are wonderful to work with.
Doc

allaboutshooting

I'd agree with all of the above. I've shot the Win-Choke 20 gauge Trulock Turkey Chokes this year with several guns and seen good results with them, as have others who've purchased them.

It's been my experience that they are well made and very reasonably priced for the quality that is delivered. George Trulock is also a true gentleman who knows his business.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

bird

George Trulock is one hell of a nice guy.  I shot a ported Trulock in my old Nova when I had it for a turkey gun and it killed a many a birds!

goblr77

Trulock chokes are great for the money. The finish is top notch. I ran a .668 Precision Hunter in my Xtrema with a 26" barrel. Shooting Hevi 2.25oz #7's the 10" numbers @ 40 were in the 260's. Nice, even hunting pattern.

Doubletap

Quote from: allaboutshooting on June 01, 2011, 08:02:29 PM
I'd agree with all of the above. I've shot the Win-Choke 20 gauge Trulock Turkey Chokes this year with several guns and seen good results with them, as have others who've purchased them.

It's been my experience that they are well made and very reasonably priced for the quality that is delivered. George Trulock is also a true gentleman who knows his business.

Thanks,
Clark

Clark, what constriction are you running in the 20

allaboutshooting

That Trulock Precision Hunter Turkey choke is a .575 e.d. and does a good job with several different shotshells. It's a non-ported blackened 17-4PH Stainless.

Thanks,
Calrk
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Luke95

I like them in my A5 I have his chokes and they just plain work.
Sumtoy Get Choked

Mild Bill

I am more or less new to serious turkey hunting and so far it has been too much fun.

However all of my choke tubes for my clay target guns, of which I have been known to shoot at a lot of, sporting clays, skeet and trap, are trulock precision hunters and they are outstanding.  I like the subtlety of the extended matte black tubes  :z-guntootsmiley:

I do have some trulocks for my turkey gun now for evaluating which one works best for my gun/ shell combo.  If they work as good as the clay target ones they will be deadly :chucknorris:
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

mightyjoeyoung

Excellent chokes, excellent service, excellent deals...super nice guys!  nuff said.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.