OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The White Whale …

Started by davisd9, September 20, 2023, 02:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedge7767

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on October 12, 2023, 05:05:13 AM
I typically send wood to call makers, but I'll take just about anything from KP, Prudhomme and Dangerfield.  Those are the 3 makers I really want a trumpet from now.  To make it harder, I'm not one to buy calls in the secondary market.  It's from the maker or nothing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. Going to be difficult.
Jim

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: davisd9 on October 13, 2023, 07:28:52 PM
I typically send wood to call makers, but I'll take just about anything from KP, Prudhomme and Dangerfield.  Those are the 3 makers I really want a trumpet from now.  To make it harder, I'm not one to buy calls in the secondary market.  It's from the maker or nothing for me.

Nothing wrong with want directly from builder. I prefer that as well, but some white whales or just great calls have been found thanks to secondary market. Secondary market also builds some friendships.
I don't disagree at all.  Getting calls from the maker is just my hang up.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

troutfisher13111

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on October 14, 2023, 08:42:22 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on October 13, 2023, 07:28:52 PM

Nothing wrong with want directly from builder. I prefer that as well, but some white whales or just great calls have been found thanks to secondary market. Secondary market also builds some friendships.
I don't disagree at all.  Getting calls from the maker is just my hang up.

I have a large number from one maker. Most have been second hand, some directly from the maker. The ones directly from the maker hold a more special place in my heart for sure.