turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woodhaven's Cluck'n & Purr Pot?

Started by Thundermtn, January 22, 2016, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundermtn

Anybody use one of these and how did you like it?

Seems more and more like I'm able to get birds better with just a few clucks and purrs with scratching in the leaves than getting them really fired up and going quiet. Not sure if it's b/c there's more pressure in the woods or more predators. It's just working better for this spot I'm hunting now. My Midwest catalog just got here and am thinking about putting it in with this years order. I have plenty of good sounding pots that fill the bill on subtle clucks and purrs, is this call better than those for what my style is, or is it going to be a redundant call in my vest?

scoot12

They are good for soft clucks and purrs but in my opinion a good slate call will come really close.  Maybe not quite the hollow deep tone of the cluck or purr but close,  I have one I will sell you I used one time at a calling contest. 

PALongspur

If I were looking for one I'd be calling Sadler or Mark Cornelius to build me one.... :icon_thumright:

Thundermtn

You guys aren't inspiring me to get one very much. Lol. A one and done, and a recommend for other calls.

Bowguy

I agree w having someone build one. I didn't know Mark made them, Sadlers I've heard n I own one of Schafers. The Woodhaven doesn't seem to have anything one em worth the extra money

english professor

I've used one for two years.  It's very effective coaxing toms closer after the box or pot for locating/initial contact.  Very effective.

However, it is hard to stow and carry in a vest or holster.  If you have a pot that you like the clucks/purrs, they are easier to carry.

I think Lonzo makes one, too.  Haven't heard it.

The Woodhaven is a true killer.  Just a bit cumbersome to carry.

I don't want to sell mine.

scoot12

Jimmy Schaffers tear drop is a fine soft talker and I forgot to mention Roger Parks makes a tree talker call that is really good also.

Old Gobbler

I tried one , and I have to say it is a very nice call
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

greentag

Quote from: scoot12 on January 22, 2016, 06:40:46 PM
Jimmy Schaffers tear drop is a fine soft talker and I forgot to mention Roger Parks makes a tree talker call that is really good also.
I would look into these,alot smaller with killer sound.