OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Story about Grace of God

Started by Bowguy, June 14, 2017, 10:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Let me tell you a story. It's a little feel good. A few people on here are needing something.
Years ago, over 10 my wife n girl for over 21 years left. She took my kids n wouldn't let me see them.
Ok to cut some of the drama, I was in over 300k in debt, she took my 401k, my savings, checking account n cleaned out my business. To put it bluntly I was broke.

I turn the heat on only when my kids would come over, it'd be so cold in the house when they weren't around my quads on my thighs were cold upon waking.
Always figured it'd get better.

Prob was I was now out of oil n needed 300 bucks to get more.
This was a week before Christmas n my kids were 2 n 5. I had no money for gifts. Low time for me.

My neighbor came over n asked if I wanted to take the kids to church. They were making ornaments for 10 bucks a kid. All I had was 20 but I went. See my ex took all the business money n I didn't even have an income.

Anyway we had fun. Upon going home I checked the mail. There was a card in there w no return address. It had $100 gift card from Walmart and $100 for toys are us. I was blown away. That was Sat.
A couple days later I came home from work to find a construction garbage bag on my steps with wrapped gifts n my kids names on it. Even now tough to think about.
Next day $300 in American Express gift cards, exactly what I needed for oil. The next day another construction garbage bag full of gifts.

Very recently, I've been diagnosed w a big brain tumor. Plus 2 tick borne illnesses. The Dr said my body shouldn't be handling it. I should be incapacitated. I feel ok now. I'm working, going to gym, shooting my bow. Only the Lyme meds screwed me up for a bit this spring. Most my issues have subsided. This morning the job super offered a check to help w medical expenses. Didn't know the fellow even a few months ago. You never know who God will bring into your life to help.

Tell me something is all this possible without the prayers of others n the love of God? For those doubting, consider this post and God bless you.

Bowguy

What I'm thinking is let's help others by sharing stories to saying something maybe inspirational to help the people suffering right now. Hope to hear/see some stories

LaLongbeard

Wow that's a rough patch for sure ....makes what I thought were major problems seem like nothing. Glad you made it thru the first situation and I know God is able to get you thru the health problems will keep you in my prayers.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Bowguy

God is good n if we can use tough times in life as a learning experience to help others it becomes a blessing.
When I was divorcing another neighbor used to stop by all the time. She said when she was divorcing she prayed to God to feel better n when she did she'd use the experience to help others. Than she said that's why she was there talking to me.
Thought that prayer was selfless n I started praying that prayer. I never forgot my promise/prayer n that's why I'm posting this. I'm sure I'm gonna be ok. Others are now struggling

crow

sorry to hear all your going thru, God is good and He is faithful

chadly

Great story!  God is so faithful.  I make it point to help others who need it.  I love to give in the terms you spoke of.  The recipients do not know it came from me.  Therefore all the glory is given to God.  Praise be to God.

daddyduke

And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

falltoms

No doubt here. God is so good. Prayer is powerful

Double B

Thanks for posting Bowguy, I was in similar situation several years ago and it's a hard place to be after a couple decades together with kids.   You think everyone looks at you different,  friends choose sides or stay away completely.  But some of that may be what I reflected to others and my own projected thoughts.   You can't stay down too long or it will become permanent.  You did the right thing, get active, busy with church and community.   I was in a dark place for too long, years really, but praise be to God that I am here today just a little wiser and older.   I have a friend who called me regularly, stayed in contact during those hard times and is now my best friend.  And yes,  he's a very good turkey hunter and a Christian.......persistent pays in hunts, life, relationships.   
Followed by buzzards

yelpaholic

Amen. Gods grace is sufficient.  Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself, i try to think about people that would kill to be in my shoes.. kinda puts things in perspective..

greencop01

Jesus walked on this earth a carpenter and lived a humble servant's life. When we believe and make Jesus our Lord and Savior God works on us to make us over in His Son's image. In other words to be humble and a servant to others. Mercy is what Jesus provides in abundance, what makes us over and gives us life, life to the fullest. God Bless you my friend.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Bowguy

Quote from: Double B on June 14, 2017, 05:17:04 PM
Thanks for posting Bowguy, I was in similar situation several years ago and it's a hard place to be after a couple decades together with kids.   You think everyone looks at you different,  friends choose sides or stay away completely.  But some of that may be what I reflected to others and my own projected thoughts.   You can't stay down too long or it will become permanent.  You did the right thing, get active, busy with church and community.   I was in a dark place for too long, years really, but praise be to God that I am here today just a little wiser and older.   I have a friend who called me regularly, stayed in contact during those hard times and is now my best friend.  And yes,  he's a very good turkey hunter and a Christian.......persistent pays in hunts, life, relationships.
Not saying I didn't wanna stay down. It's prob normal. I remember the day a friend came to my house w a long face saying he'd heard the news. He asked if I wanted to go to a Christian church w him. I'd have never gone before, wasn't going to that cult stuff.
I wanted out of the house so I went. I've never looked back church wise. I was raised in a denomination that didn't touch me the same. Christian churches that I've been too are powerful n bubbly, best place to pass some rough times.

I remember another time I was feeling down, I hadn't hunted n it was late bird season. My buddy asked if I'd run dogs for them being his dad, kid, buncha friends were all going. I told him just take a dog n go.
He insisted I come as they'd handle better for me. I wasn't hunting but I'd go I said. My friends had all my hunt gear anyway, didn't want to leave it home to get accused of anything.
We arrive at the spot, I see everyone getting ready n than notice my gun n vest in back of a truck. They say I'm hunting. The wagging tails, flushing birds, gunshots n tinkering bells were therapeutic. I needed the break from me. Thank God for that day!

It's all normal and part of our healing. Good friends make things pass quicker n help us forget. God sent them to us too.
I hope some of these words are making sense to those who need it. I wanna say something else too, no matter the prob, someone wishes they had it cause theirs is worse. We are blessed. Don't forget this.

grayfox

Thanks for sharing such a great story. God bless you my friend.

allaboutshooting

Thank you for sharing your story. You may never know how many you've touched and helped.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

tha bugman

Praise God for your boldness to share brother!  Its easy to go to church every Sunday and hear the same lines..."How you doing?"  "Good how about you?" "Awe we good to doing just fine"  Those when shared as pleasantries are customary, but if we were fine we wouldn't be in church, congregated with other believers.  The fact is we are all broken and in need of the Great Physician to heal us and he did just that through His death on the cross!  I told my friends I just want to answer one time when asked how I am doing and say......"Terrible I have really struggled with lusting after women this week and need your prayers." 

We all find ourselves in valley's and hills, some deeper and steeper than other more shallow and easy to climb.
God's love is an all encompassing love....  Jesus said...."What is the price of two sparrows- one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.  And the very hairs on your head are numbered.  So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows."- Matthew 10:29-30

I am putting you on my prayer list bowguy! If you need to talk shoot me a PM.

God bless you brother!