turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longer isn't always better.

Started by 2eagles, June 09, 2017, 08:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio Fan

I've always shot 3 1/2 inch shells for turkeys. However, this spring I switched to 3 inch 2 oz #5 Heavy 13's and I'll never go back to the 3 1/2 inch loads. It's just not necessary.

SteelerFan

After seeing what a 3" 1.5 oz Fed HW #7 20 gauge did this year, I'm not even going to carry the 12 ga anymore, much less a 3.5".

Gooserbat

I keep slipping back.  I started with a 20 as a 9 year old kid. Then a 2 3/4" 12 ga, 3", 3.5". .You get it.   Then along came tss.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hooksfan

I jumped on the 20 gauge train myself this year.  I experimented with both HeviShot #7 and Federal HW #7 and was impressed equalky with both. Thought I would never need to change from this, but a buddy sent me some hand loaded TSS #9 this week. Back to the patterning board with the 20.

tha bugman

Quote from: daddyduke on June 09, 2017, 02:00:36 PM
I was shooting Turkey Thugs out of my 870 and according to Federal " They are Strut-Shok relabeled." On the Turkey Thugs box I have left it says Strut-Shok on it. Got some and they pattered just as good.
Those are some good shells there was a thread or you tube video that showed they were pretty much the same shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk