turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OT: Duke vs North Carolina

Started by wvmntnhick, February 17, 2016, 11:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Not sure who watched it tonight but holy cow. I'm a duke fan and I didn't for half a second believe that they could beat UNC tonight. Once Matt Jones went down, really figured it was over. Was great to see them hang on and win at the end.

357MAGNOLE

Good win for the blue devils. I'm an avid FSU fan and unfortunately we will continue to suck as long as Leonard Hamilton is our coach. 14 years. 1 ACC title, in a down year for the ACC.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

anthonyjhallen

We are going to get along just fine. I too am a true blue duke fan!!!

Good game DUKE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowBendr

They may need to take Coach Roy back over to Duke this morning for an MRI, needs his head checked...3 timeouts and didnt use them...wth ?

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

hotrod3h

wvmntnhick

Quote from: BowBendr on February 18, 2016, 11:15:36 AM
They may need to take Coach Roy back over to Duke this morning for an MRI, needs his head checked...3 timeouts and didnt use them...wth ?

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions
Two schools of thought there. When guys are in a rhythm coming down the court, it's hard to stop it to set up a play. You've got the added challenge of someone setting up a new defense to thwart your best laid plan. You've got to get the ball in bounds safely. There's just a lot of things to go wrong there. I believe he thought the bal was progressing forward and they'd finish on their own. When the pg got in trouble near the top of the key, that would have been a time to bail him out. Having said that, then you've only got 6 seconds to get the job done. Roy is a heck of a coach. I've coached in the past as well. Not at his level nor would I even want to consider it. However, that's a call that's often times hard to make. Right or wrong, the coach pays in the end. Lol

Shoot2thrill25

I am Duke fan and what the game showed me is that if we can get healthy and our depth back we are gonna be tough next month.

Shoot2thrill25

And forget the timeout at the end, why didn't Roy call a timeout with three min left and say GIVE JOHNSON THE BALLLL!! Haha thanks Roy, Brice played like a man and Duke couldn't matchup at all.

C120

I thought it was one of the very best games of all time.  I'm a big Duke fan but I didn't think there was much chance in winning that game at UNC even before Jones went down.  Duke found a way to hang around and be in a position to win at the end thanks somewhat to Uncle Roy.  He told his players after the game that he should have called a t.o. at the end.  Then in his news conference he said he would play it the same way if the same situation came up in a game next week.  My fear was that he would have another vertigo attach and have to leave the bench again.  As long as he's around there's always a chance in beating them.

Cut N Run

Carolina fan here. That game shows how Coach K can out-coach Roy Williams.  Roy is 4-11 against Duke over the last 15 games they've played. I believe Carolina has had superior talent in many of those games, but Roy lacks the game management skills to get it done. Coach K seems to understand how to get the most from his players, while Roy doesn't.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

wvmntnhick

I will agree with that. He can get guys to almost play above their abilities.

TKE921

That is why when he walks onto the floor just before the game the people turn in his direction and bow in respect.  I almost fell out of my seat when it happened.

jwright8

Kentucky fan here! Coach K is a great coach!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Happy

Remind me again who's still in the acc tournement?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club