turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Big traveler

Started by jakesdad, April 13, 2015, 08:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Got a call from the conservation dept today that one of the jakes tagged on our farm in early 2014 was killed during the youth season last weekend...............................9 miles away! Ol' boy definetely coverd some ground!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Ihuntoldschool

LOL   They definitely move around.   Telemetry studies have been confirming this over and over.   I think it's funny when some people will call up a bird 2 or 3 weeks before the season and say if I can call him in now, I can call him in when the season opens. Of course that bird is just as likely to be miles away as he is there when the season opens.    One other thing, a lot of people think with all these jakes here this year, my property will be full of 2 year old birds next year. Of course, many of those jakes will be miles away from there the following year.

snapper1982

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on April 13, 2015, 09:16:05 PM
LOL   They definitely move around.   Telemetry studies have been confirming this over and over.   I think it's funny when some people will call up a bird 2 or 3 weeks before the season and say if I can call him in now, I can call him in when the season opens. Of course that bird is just as likely to be miles away as he is there when the season opens.    One other thing, a lot of people think with all these jakes here this year, my property will be full of 2 year old birds next year. Of course, many of those jakes will be miles away from there the following year.

My favorite is. I have been messing with this bird for x amount of years and I finally killed him. Now sometimes it may be true but I think most of the time it is different birds.

tomstopper

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 13, 2015, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on April 13, 2015, 09:16:05 PM

My favorite is. I have been messing with this bird for x amount of years and I finally killed him. Now sometimes it may be true but I think most of the time it is different birds.
:agreed: Unless it has some very unique features, its hard for me to tell them apart...lol