OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1st turkey hunt

Started by Rich54, April 15, 2012, 02:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich54

Hello to all. Im a new member and after a lifetime of hunting Im going on my first Turkey hunt tomorrow. :happy0064:

So wish me luck and best wishes for your hunts this spring. :anim_25:

a-j calls

FANMAN

Turkey Havoc

:fud: :OGani: Good Luck and WELCOME!

:welcomeOG:
Stephen H Spraberry

guesswho

Good luck, and enjoy.  Nothing like it!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

surehuntsalot

welcome,good luck,and above all enjoy yourself
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Rich54

Thanks to all for the encouragement. The Turkeys Gods listened and I killed my first, a nice fat eating Jake on the 2nd day of our hunt. I called in 3 and they came running into my decoys so fast I never saw them coming. And then I had a nervous 5 to 10 mins, heart beating, while I waited to be able to move and for them to separate long enough to get a clean shot at one. The Browning Gold/Jelly choke/Hevi 456s, did the rest. After my bird went down the other two jumped on him and started kicking the snot out of him. I had to get up and move to them to get them to leave.

My brother took a mature Tom the last hour of the last day. All in all it made me wonder why Ive gone this long WITHOUT turkey hunting. It was a great hunt. Im still high from it and I'll never miss another season if I can help it.

IL. wild turkeys have my heart now. :toothy9:

shootemintheface

Congrats. Your hooked now.

archery1

congrats
now ur a turkeyholic
Take a kid hunting

hookedspur

Yep your hooked !! Congrats  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

davisd9

Congratulations!  Pictures?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mikejd

Congrats, your done. Your now 1 or 2 call collection will escalate to hundreds you'll wake up at night hearing gobbling( no joke) you'll have a drawer full of chokes. Patterns will be on the mind day and night and when you introduce yourself you will begin with hello I'm rich and I'm a turkaholic. Happy to have you aboard. Good luck with it.

Hognutz

Congrats on your first bird.  Nicely done..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

scoot12

Congrats Rich,  that is awesome,  you will eventually buy your first custom call and then suddenly you need another and another and soon you have 20-30 calls and you can't stop.  Scoot