Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee hunters or sorounding area question?

Started by Jtodd12, April 01, 2012, 10:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jtodd12

With the weather like it has been, has anyone noticed the hens already split off from the rest getting ready to nest? I have noticed it over the past week, since juvenille during the hunt for a cure.

gtrjames

yes...I've seen several going to nest...they are a good three weeks early I think.

Trevor2

Strutstopper

jtg88

Yes, I saw 4 different lone hens Saturday morning.

935deadbird

My hunting buddy called up a whole flock sunday morning consisting of 3 toms and 4 hens. His wife killed one of the toms (her 1st ever kill). I guess it depends on where you are maybe.
"Another One Bites The Dust"

pseshooter300

Saw a hen this morning about 10.30 by her self
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

Garrett Trentham

Saw lots of hens out by themselves. Singles and in groups, also saw hens with almost every gobbler I saw, both morning and afternoon. I'm sure there are some hens that are nesting, but there are still plenty to keep the gobblers entertained all day.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

nogoodreezen

Two days ago I counted 18 hens in a group on one end of the field and a group of 13 toms on the other end here in Kentucky. I have heard others say they are split up and nesting already. I guess I have a group of slow birds. 

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

reynolds243

just because a hen is alone does not mean she is nesting. Just being clear on that front.