News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee Boys and Girls!

Started by MouthCaller, March 29, 2012, 08:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TennLongspur

It won't be long now, boys!!

Driving in to work this morning I saw one gobbbler standing all by his lonesome in the middle of a field. 100 yards down the road a jake was feeding, then 1/4 mile farther down there was a big boy in a full strut as six hens gathered around him.

I'm giddy as a school girl.
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

tnhen

Not sure where I'll be this year. We've lost all our hunting spots. Seems everybody is either selling their land or leasing it out. Oh well back to public land again I guess. It's getting hard to hunt if you ain't got much money anymore.

Trevor2

Heard two birds shortly after flydown this morning, at one spot, drove to my cousin spot to listen and heard another one gobble twice and finally at 930 am I stopped by dads spot and their was two birds hammering in the holler behind the field. It was hard but I had to leave gobbling birds since it was dads spot and season dont open till tommorrow! :drool: Just not in my dna to leave a bird that hot lol
Strutstopper

eaglea1

:fud: :OGani:
I can just cut the anticipation with a knife for you guys. I have to wait until the end of Apr.
for my season. :angry9:, but the good side of that is that I found a farmer with about 40 acres that "asked ME" if I wanted to turkey hunt his property. He says that nobody has ever hunted it for turkeys, and I can bring my two sons along and have it ALL TO MYSELF!!!! Then he says, if you want to that is?  DUH,  pinch me,  oh, ok, I guess I will force myself..... :z-dizzy:  GOOD LUCK boys..

Trevor2

Quote from: eaglea1 on March 30, 2012, 10:34:09 AM
:fud: :OGani:
I can just cut the anticipation with a knife for you guys. I have to wait until the end of Apr.
for my season. :angry9:, but the good side of that is that I found a farmer with about 40 acres that "asked ME" if I wanted to turkey hunt his property. He says that nobody has ever hunted it for turkeys, and I can bring my two sons along and have it ALL TO MYSELF!!!! Then he says, if you want to that is?  DUH,  pinch me,  oh, ok, I guess I will force myself..... :z-dizzy:  GOOD LUCK boys..
Wow man thats great I need some of your luck.
Strutstopper

Wingbone

Quote from: tnhen on March 30, 2012, 10:07:59 AM
Not sure where I'll be this year. We've lost all our hunting spots. Seems everybody is either selling their land or leasing it out. Oh well back to public land again I guess. It's getting hard to hunt if you ain't got much money anymore.

It's true. I waited out on leasing for years because I just saw no need to. Now, I've lost some good public and private spots to the tornados the last two years. Fortunately, I got in on a couple really good leases this year. I almost waited too long to start forking over the cheese. Like duck hunting, it's turning into a rich man's sport here in TN.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

MouthCaller

:deadhorse: Can't wait for tomorrow morning! Giddy is an understatement!

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

cannonball

timberjack86

Heading to aedc in the morning. Good luck guys! :fud: :OGani:

OLE RASPY

SUMNER COUNTY HERE I COME IN ABOUT 8 HOURS   :drool: :turkey2: :funnyturkey: :newmascot: :fud:

timberjack86

JWC07

Quote from: OLE RASPY on March 30, 2012, 09:07:50 PM
SUMNER COUNTY HERE I COME IN ABOUT 8 HOURS   :drool: :turkey2: :funnyturkey: :newmascot: :fud:

I'll be huntin' Sumner Co. too.

slee

Crutch

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble: