turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally Bird down in GA!

Started by Bustabeak, March 27, 2012, 01:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

I've heard more birds in the first four days of the season here than ever before. Finally got one that wanted to work right. We saw this bird strutting with hens in a field that borders our property this morning after hunting another property with no luck. We figured... hey.. its worth a shot to drive over there to look. Sure enough he was there. We hurried to the back side of our property and set up about 200 yards off the line. We called and he was steady going the opposite direction. After hearing that, I pulled out the gobble call and gobbled three of four times and got on the yelping pretty aggressive and within 10 minutes of me gobbling he was dead. The past 4 days have been tough hearing all the birds and not being able to kill one but... Just thankful the Good Lord has blessed us enough to hunt! And I had to take a picture with the Old Gobbler patch on my vest pocket. ( Although I did burn a hole in the vest putting it on there) hahahah!

10-1/8" on the beard and a little under 1" on each of the spurs.

Frankinthelaurels

Hognutz

Congrats on a real nice bird..Well done.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Rio Fan

Turkey Trot

Quote from: Bustabeak on March 27, 2012, 01:19:52 PM
I've heard more birds in the first four days of the season here than ever before.

Interesting observation.  I hunted in portions of Upson, Pike, Lamar, and Monroe Counties over a long weekend and heard very little gobbling.  The ones I heard did not gobble more than 6 times, and most were 1-2 times early on the roost and then done. We walked up on birds out running and gunning shortly after calling and getting no response. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

JVA54

WIRE PALADIN

Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

goblr77

That's a beautiful bird. Congrats!

ctwny1

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

REBELYELL

pseshooter300

Tater