OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Future

Started by Jstocks, June 10, 2021, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 10, 2021, 06:35:31 PM
I think most of us should be shooting our bows, bass fishing or oiling our boots because apparently we're all to bored.

Ha, I agree someone has way to much time on their hands. Currently I am setting up tree stands, building a rifle, practicing with my rifle (alot). Upgrading and purchasing accesories, running a dozen trail cameras. On the side I am building arrows, testing and shooting three crossbows and cutting wood as I need several cords. Did I mention that I am rebuilding a bass boat that was the victim of an 80 ft hickory? Despite all the agravation of the past year with covid and shortages we are living in the good times. Make use of it and stop day dreaming
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Happy

Took everyone's advice and pulled out the 78lb pull bowtech. 20, 40, and 60 yards, even threw in a tricky 28 yard quartering away and a 20 yard quartering to shot. Since I don't shoot over 30 yards, run trail cameras or hunt over bait whats next?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

I'd shoot the little black buck on the top part of the target behind the ear at 60 yards, left handed, aiming with my non-dominant eye in a crosswind downhill.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Quote from: guesswho on June 20, 2021, 08:55:03 PM
I'd shoot the little black buck on the top part of the target behind the ear at 60 yards, left handed, aiming with my non-dominant eye in a crosswind downhill.
I was aiming at the little buck at the top of the target.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

:TooFunny:
Gave away my strategy.  I figured I'd aim at the big lungs and hit the little black deer. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff