Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mossy 835 owners Choke suggestions for my Mossberg 835 and #8 TSS please

Started by DMTJAGER, May 06, 2024, 10:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMTJAGER

Want to run some #8 TSS out of my Mossy 835 and was wondering what choke constriction and choke type you 835 owners use if shooting #8 TSS. The gun currently has a choke labeled as 0.683"

jhoward11

I switched to TSS this year in my 835 and using a .676 Heavy choke tube, but using # 9 Apex. Any choke maker in that range would probably work. Put a better butt on my gun as the TSS does kick harder and the 835 already kicks like a mule. Much the better!

husker

I have an 835 and a 935.  I've been running the 935 more often but they both have the same great barrel.  I have had great luck shooting #6 Winchester LBXRs for years but have also recently been toying with #8 TSS.  I patterned using my existing Indian Creek .675. Good pattern, but I have been told that a .690 might be even better?  I have one ordered so I guess we'll see once it gets here. 

RiverBuck

I haven't found any reason to use 8's over 9's but my .675 IC shoots the best pattern whether it's #5 or #6 LBXR or 3-3.5" #9's. Second place is Hevi-Shot .676. This is out of both a 835 and 935. My Indian Creek choke has also become a fierce coyote killer using #4 TSS.